El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Th-350 Trans-Crossmember Cut Mounting Pad and Weld To back side of Crossmember should give 3inch mount movement for 700-r4 transmission.

Will Th-350 Trans-Crossmember have clearence Problems with 700r4 transmission ????

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Depends on what type of pan you have...stock pan...probably not.
Probably easier to use the stock cross member and drill new holes through the frame where you need them.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Am Using Factory Crossmember Just A little Modify. But i understand what u mean with drilling new holes

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
The TH350 trans mounting pad hits the pan of a 700R4. Trim the TH350 trans mount until it clears the pan and drill a new hole for the 700R4. It worked great for me.

Doug

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 86 el camino so the crossmember holes are a little different from 78-83 Gbodys

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
different in a good way or is it making the install more difficult?
Different in earlyer gbodys 78-82 Gbodys have a different crossmember which a little trimming of the Mount makes it fit most Transmission

Later Year Gbodys 84-88 have a different crossmember which needs to be Heavy Modified like DRILL new holes in frame Or Reweld mount

But My question is that Does the 350 crossmember Clear the 700r4 pan while being installed in 350 crossmember MOUNTING holes

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
what's with the yellow letters? can't even read it? secret code or something? do we need 3D glasses? :poke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts