El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does that control inside the trans? it is a square shapped connector with 4 wires

stock '85 305/th200

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
what does that control inside the trans? it is a square shapped connector with 4 wires

stock '85 305/th200

That's the trans. lock up switch. I just replaced the plug it was leaking from the pins or o-ring. Mine only has two wires and 4- pins th2004r trans. 305 1987.
Robert

look here in this thread it has yours dated 5/7/12 someone is asking about the 200 metric 200 also

TrannyMike

Transmission Dipstick

Master Wrench
Name: Mike
Year: 1985
Model: El Camino
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 18805

200-4R Simple Lock-Up Installation!
OK, I just helped another member with this issue privately. Here's a simple, inexpensive and practical way to install lock-up. The pressure switch is the hardest part to get right, because there are different types. Here is the GM part number to the correct switch 8643710. The dash switch described in this can be any simple or fancy switch you want. The switch allows you to turn the lock-up system off completely if you want to. This design eliminates the problem of early lock-up or late disengagement, because it only comes on after 4th gear engages and turns off after the trans comes out of 4th gear. The great part of this set-up is that it's ALL EXTERNALLY INSTALLED! I'm sending you to an online PDF file thats got clear instructions, pictures and is downloadable right to your desk top! Here ya go!bowtie smile

http://www.racetransmissions.com/mai...04R_lockup.pdf

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I converted to a holley carb setup and took all the CPU crap out. so i unplugged that lock up switch

now I dunno if the trans is acting funny or not. feels like its slipping right off idle

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I converted to a holley carb setup and took all the CPU crap out. so i unplugged that lock up switch

now I dunno if the trans is acting funny or not. feels like its slipping right off idle
You may want to PM tranny mike and see what he says.:dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts