El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my carb, intake manifold, and my exhaust system on my '84 Caballero and now have a problem. The vaccuum line that plugs into the top of the intake manifold between the carb and distributor is no longer attached. While replacing the intake, the fitting broke and I was wondering if anyone knew the terminology of the fitting I need to connect this line to the top of my intake manifold. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the replies.

·
TrannyMike
2,807 Posts
I recently upgraded my carb, intake manifold, and my exhaust system on my '84 Caballero and now have a problem. The vaccuum line that plugs into the top of the intake manifold between the carb and distributor is no longer attached. While replacing the intake, the fitting broke and I was wondering if anyone knew the terminology of the fitting I need to connect this line to the top of my intake manifold. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the replies.
It's not a hydraulic problem, it's a vacuum problem. Any auto parts store that's any good, can get you the part with a description of what it is and where it goes. If that doesn't work go to the dealer, or better yet have a good time at your local "pick & pull" and get a used one and search for other parts for your Elky while your at it! :beer:

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
x2,, take the old one to the parts store and match it up..

i think its a T?? or an L-Tee,, (iirc) with 1/4" pipe threads X vacuum hose size X vacuum hose size..

cant really remember if this is the right sizes??
1/4" pipe X 1/4" barb vac. X 1/8" barb vac.

kinda like this http://www.poweraire.com/thread-tube-male-tube-ltees-c-754_69_131.html
hope that helps a little.. :texas:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you are talking about the fitting that goes into the runner post a pick of it or its pieces i may have one you can have but they make about a dozen different ones so i need to see it. i didnt read the hole thread so pardon my intrusion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts