El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Greg native to San Francisco and have owned my El Camino for almost 10 years now. Bought it from a guy in the Central Valley, kept it from getting rusty! Had a friend who recommended a good shop in Rodeo called K&L Automotive. Ken the owner really took the vehicle under his wing and we spent a few months going thru everything mechanical, including a new wiring harness and electronic ignition with a Pertronix setup. Very helpful avoiding over revving the 4 speed with an adjustable rev limiter. Now it just needs some new paint and done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
Hi Greg, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Your 66 looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing it after you get it painted. Enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm Greg native to San Francisco and have owned my El Camino for almost 10 years now. Bought it from a guy in the Central Valley, kept it from getting rusty! Had a friend who recommended a good shop in Rodeo called K&L Automotive. Ken the owner really took the vehicle under his wing and we spent a few months going thru everything mechanical, including a new wiring harness and electronic ignition with a Pertronix setup. Very helpful avoiding over revving the 4 speed with an adjustable rev limiter. Now it just needs some new paint and done.
Hi Greg, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Your 66 looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing it after you get it painted. Enjoy and have fun.
Thanks guys. If this one hadn't come along I'd have bought the newer G Body. They look really comfortable!

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts
Greg , Welcome and that is a fine looking ride . I am curious and wondering if the 4 speed manual is factory or aftermarket ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts