El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2020 9th Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on March 21th at the Gainesville Raceway (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

Gates will open at 9:00 & Racing Starts at 10:00.

We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area (VIP 301) with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!
The entry price is $10 spectator & $40 for racing.
They will be running the Summit Series ET Racing

click on link for info

Still working on the details for lunch ?
Might be Bring your own lunch or Buy from the racetrack concession stand ?
Still discussing maybe Matt (Kamino60) might cook again ????? I can't do a lot like I use to
Please let me know if you thoughts about lunch ?

I have the same Baymont Inn reserve a block of rooms for $89 a night ! Tell them you're with the El Camino Guys !
Also, if you would like a ground floor room & the back side let them know upon booking. (352) 332-8292

On Friday March 20th !
I have Ker's WingHouse setup for a Great night hanging out with Friends, Trucks, Food & Cold Drinks !!
They have a section of the Restaurant & Parking lot reserved for us !!
https://winghouse.com/

This is the video from last year show ! Had 39 Caminos ! Sure hope we can get over 40 this year

Here is a video of Ralph 72/402elky on the track

So Please join me for a Great Weekend with Friends & Trucks !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I will for sure try and make it. I have only missed one in the series and don't want to do that again!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm ready for it! Got mine running pretty good. As long as it doesn't rain I'll be great. Drove it last night and had a swimming pool in the floor boards :( either way I don't want to miss this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Looks like there's my next deadline to get something done. 3 days before my next birthday, so that may be my birthday present trip.?
Have a couple of new distractions lately.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,473 Posts
nice new helpers !
Yahoooo , The 9 th Annual Gainesville Get-Together and 1/4 Mile Run is set for Sat. Mar. 21 , 2020 ! This is one of our most enjoyed ( and attended ) , events of the year and we hope to see lots of you there . Steve has again arranged a Fri. Mar. 20 cruise-in at Kerr`s Winghouse with reserved parking , a convenient drive from the discounted rooms of the Baymont Inn , where a number of us enjoy staying . The Baymont is a nice , clean , safe and convenient place and has a free breakfast buffet. Chuck`s back road ride to the Auto Plus Racetrack is always fun and beautiful . Steve has also again reserved the fenced in VIP area for us to spread out and enjoy talking with others that share our passion for our rides . A few will probably get their El Caminos on the track . The track is close enough to see the Summit Series racing ; yet , far enough away to be able to have a conversation . Hey , ya gotta start making plans for this one .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey Steve, not sure if I've missed it or not, is there a PDF flyer that we can print out and leave for elkies in the area that aren't on the forum?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi! I,ve got an 81 elky I brought to Florida from Michigan by way of the Dallas 60th...would like to meet more elky owners, and this looks like a great event. I'm in St.Cloud for most of the winter and don't mind driving. Hope to catch up with a few of you....Ron

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Hi! I,ve got an 81 elky I brought to Florida from Michigan by way of the Dallas 60th...would like to meet more elky owners, and this looks like a great event. I'm in St.Cloud for most of the winter and don't mind driving. Hope to catch up with a few of you....Ron
Welcome Ron
We usually run a caravan up the turnpike from the West Palm Beach area, stopping for lunch and gas at the Canoe Creek rest area leaving around 12- 12:30 ish. You are welcome to join us.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,473 Posts
Welcome Ron
We usually run a caravan up the turnpike from the West Palm Beach area, stopping for lunch and gas at the Canoe Creek rest area leaving around 12- 12:30 ish. You are welcome to join us.
Made my room reservations for Friday Mar. 20 and Sat. Mar. 21 at the Baymont . Remember to tell them you are with the El Camino Club for the lower rate of $ 89 per night that Steve has arranged and request a room on the backside of the motel on the ground floor . I think all the rooms have a mini frig . The backside is a good place to hang out with others and easy place to gather when we pull out for the Fri. afternoon cruise-in to Kerr`s Winghouse or Chuck`s ( Fl Kymino`s ) , back road tour to the Autoplus Racetrack on Sat. morning . If you prefer to meet us at Kerr`s or the track , a google search makes it pretty easy to find . The nearby Univ. Of Florida sometimes has an event , such as a track meet , so it is best to reserve early . There are several good , reasonably priced restaurants near the Baymont Inn Gainesville that several of us usually go to on Sat. evening and you are welcomed to join us .

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2020 9th Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on March 21th at the Gainesville Raceway (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

Gates will open at 9:00 & Racing Starts at 10:00.

We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area (VIP 301) with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!
The entry price is $10 spectator & $40 for racing.
They will be running the Summit Series ET Racing View attachment 126734

click on link for info

View attachment 126738

Still working on the details for lunch ?
Might be Bring your own lunch or Buy from the racetrack concession stand ?
Still discussing maybe Matt (Kamino60) might cook again ????? I can't do a lot like I use to
Please let me know if you thoughts about lunch ?

I have the same Baymont Inn reserve a block of rooms for $89 a night ! Tell them you're with the El Camino Guys !
Also, if you would like a ground floor room & the back side let them know upon booking. (352) 332-8292
View attachment 126735

On Friday March 20th !
I have Ker's WingHouse setup for a Great night hanging out with Friends, Trucks, Food & Cold Drinks !!
They have a section of the Restaurant & Parking lot reserved for us !!
The WingHouse Bar & Grill | Good food. Beautifully served.

View attachment 126737

This is the video from last year show ! Had 39 Caminos ! Sure hope we can get over 40 this year

Here is a video of Ralph 72/402elky on the track

View attachment 126739

View attachment 126740

View attachment 126741

So Please join me for a Great Weekend with Friends & Trucks !!
It’s on the calendar. Calling Baymont now :)

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reservations made at Baymont but think they got screwed up. But planing on Wing House, the cruise and meet at the track/ lunch what ever the groups doing.
Bill C
Hey Bill
They should be fine, I will get with the lady I setup the deal with & make sure she gets with her employes & make it right !

1 - 20 of 128 Posts