El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2021 10th Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on APRIL 24th at the Gainesville Raceway (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

Gates will open at 10:00 & Racing Starts at 11:00.

We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area (VIP 301) with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!

The entry price is $15 spectator & $40 for racing.

They will be running the NHRA Summit Series ET Racing

NHRA Summit Series ET Racing (Link Below)
Bracket Series Navigation - Gainesville Raceway

I WILL NOT BE DOING LUNCH THIS YEAR (With Covid still going I don't want to have people using utensils & stuff)
You can bring your own or can buy from the Racetrack concession stand

I have the same Baymont Inn reserve a block of rooms for $89 a night ! Tell them you're with the El Camino Guys !
Also, if you would like a ground floor room & the back side let them know upon booking. (352) 332-8292

On Friday April 23th ! We Will have dinner cruise in at Miller's Ale House

Here is the Video from 2019,

So Please join me for a Great Weekend with Friends & Trucks !!

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,608 Posts
If we are on the backside I assume our cars can be watched. Is that right?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Fenced in parking under the trees on grass. Very nice and not near general parking. Steve dun did good.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,226 Posts
Yahoo , Steve has done it again . I plan on attending the get together , stay at the Baymont Inn Gainesville , do the Friday cruise-in to Miller`s Ale House and Chuck`s back road tour to the track on Saturday morning . Here is a little more info . The University of Florida is in the general area and has a track meet or an event of some kind so earlier reservations are recommended . The track is the Auto Plus Raceway ; which , is the home of the Gator Nationals . Steve has again arranged for us to set up in the large fenced in VIP area where we can stretch out easily, safely , see the racetrack and be far enough away that you can have a conversation without yelling . You can get your Camino on the track if you want for a few $ more . Register at the Baymont Gainesville and tell them you are with the El Camino Group for the discounted rate of $ 89 . Ask but the rooms usually have a microwave and a mini refrigerator . Most of us ask to stay in a room on the 1st floor on the backside of the 2 story motel as it is a little quieter , has a pool area , good parking and area to hang out . Will have to check to see as they usually have a decent free breakfast set up . Usually those that stay at the Baymont cruise over together for the Cruise-in Friday afternoon . I 75 makes it easy to get there . On Sat. morning the Baymont group drives and meets up with the others that are staying elsewhere in the area or driving in for the event Saturday morning and do the cruise which has a couple of stops for photos . Others may choose to not do the back road tour and meet up with us just outside of the track or pay and go in .Your choice . The Summit Series will be going on during the day . There is a food concession , flush restrooms and you can go over and look at some of the race cars in the pits . More info later and please start to let us know your plans so we can get an idea of the expected number of people for the cruise-in , when the rooms fill etc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Passing again this year because of Covid. I'll have had my second shot long before then but because of family situation I must wait until herd immunity kicks in. Absolutely cannot take a chance. See ya nx year.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
just let us know if coming friday night for dinner or just saturday & How many people ?
Thanks
Steve , I called Baymont today & they said they are not taking reservations for the El Camino club until they get enough people who are willing to commit so I gave them my info & they said they would contact me when they got enough people . Does this sound right to you . If so we need to get everyone signed up ASAP . Chris N.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Steve , I called Baymont today & they said they are not taking reservations for the El Camino club until they get enough people who are willing to commit so I gave them my info & they said they would contact me when they got enough people . Does this sound right to you . If so we need to get everyone signed up ASAP . Chris N.
Chris,

Steve emailed the general manager Andrea Goldson about the issue, but is currently away from his pc until Friday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Me too, I didn't see Chris's post before I called. So if this is the info thread, put me down for one at Baymont Friday and Saturday , Miller's , and I'll do the back roads to the track .

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,226 Posts
As we have a little time before this popular event , I would like to ask that each of us take a few minutes to help us get the word out by contacting other members with a short message asking them to join us in Gainesville . You may have read that AutoForums ( runs the site ) , continues to refuse to help us here at the National El Camino Owners Association contact our very own members like they used to do . Previously , National Director Ken Rogers would send out a short mass email to all of the approximate 7000 members in Florida and individuals could send out a private message to 15 members . A.F. has also stopped that and only allow you to send it to 5 people at a time . They also used to send us Directors the screen name of new members so we could contact them with a welcome letter and an invite to our activities . They stopped that also ,so unless a new member posts in the New Member Forums , we have absolutely no idea of who they are , what state or country they are in . The lists of names I do have are old and many of them are not active on the site . So , if you would help by finding the screen names of members and send them a short message or invite , it would be appreciated . One of the reasons that Florida has been sucessful in having get togethers is that a number of our members help get the word out and participate when we have an event . In the meantime , please remember to get your motel reservation if you will want one and let us know what part ( or all ) , of the activities you plan on doing . :cool:

·
1,608 Posts
I have sent a conversation to some members that I have not noticed their name since I have been here, Considering that I am relatively new I may have posted to some who actually are active. I am wondering if we send out conversations should we post the names to avoid mass duplication. I looked at postings from past events and sent posts to members I have not noticed before. If there is a better way let me know.

I do have a question. When I type in the address for my posts and and the computer does not complete the members name, I assume that the members is gone. Is that right? I say that because most completed the name before I had it fully typed in while others did not. Out of fifteen members that I selected, only six were acknowledged by the computer.
R/T

Here is a link to the conversation I sent for your review. If I need to change anything let me know.

Gainesville GTG | El Camino Central Forum

·
Registered
939 Posts
With the way the forum is setup nowadays, most of the traffic is probably going to be generated by the Facebook side of NECOA that Steve seems to mostly handle. Looked on there to have a good bit of interest.

·
1,608 Posts
Hi Kyle, that won't help me. I am probably the only person in FL that don't do facebook.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts