El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2022 11th Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on MAY 21st at the Gainesville Raceway (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

Gates will open at 9:00 & Racing Starts at 10:00.

We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area (VIP 301) with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!

You can run yours down the 1/4 mile track for some time runs or can join the Summit bracket racing for a chance to win some money
The entry price is $15 spectator & $40 for racing.

They will be running the NHRA Summit Series ET Racing

NHRA Summit Series ET Racing (Link Below)
https://gainesvilleraceway.com/wp-c...eral-Rules-for-ET-Bracket-Series-01.10.21.pdf

Matt (Kamino60) Is Still working on the details for lunch ? Maybe bring your own or Matt might make something ? or can buy from the Racetrack concession stand

Have a New Hotel this year (Hope it's better than the Baymont) It's the Quality Inn for $75 plus tax a night, Tell them you're with the El Camino Guys, I said most like the ground floor but you should ask them when you call (352) 378-2405

On Friday May 20th ! We Will have dinner cruise in at Miller's Ale House again

Table Chair Hat Leisure Sunglasses

So Hope you can join us for the Biggest El Camino event in the Southeast !

Cloud Sky Plant Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Cloud

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

So I sure Hope you can join us for a Great weekend meeting new friends & seeing Old ones !

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,537 Posts
Please join us for our most enjoyed and best attended event of the year :cool: Steve , with the help of Matt , Kamino 60 , and Chuck , Fl Kymino have again arranged all these things to offer you a trip that you and your significant other will love . Reserved parking in a fence , open air section underneath the pine trees where we are close enough to see the vehicles racing on the track ; yet , far enough away that you can carry on a casual conversation . There are unfortunately a number of other regions around the country that would love to have an opportunity like this , so treat yourself to a good time with others that share your love of the El Camino .

Reactions: Kamino60

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right
And I will do another back road trip to the track. We will leave from the Alachua Publix off exit 399 just north of the hotel for a 25 mile caravan thru the scenic roads to the track. No traffic lights and about 6 stop signs.
Right through my neck of the woods. Just left that Publix. Hope I have it back together for this event!

·
5,537 Posts
This just might be doable from central Ohio,, one day to visit and see the grandkids in Charlotte then drive down to Gainesville on that Friday,, my 79 Malibu or El Camino may not be done but I can try to pop in,,, hmmmmmmm,,
Matty man
Hey , looks like we may have a candidate for one of the two $ 50 distance awards :)

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,983 Posts
This is indeed an event you don't want to miss. You get a chance to meet others who have the same love for El Camino's and the rides we are all so pound of. You will see El Camino's from 1959 to 1987. Come out in your trailer queen, your work in progress, your daily driver, your grocery getter, your motorcycle, your bicycle, your hiking shoes, or whatever can get you there. You will not be disappointed. Hope to see you there.

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,823 Posts
Well its official,, I will be heading down Friday the 20th of May and heading up North on Sunday,,
I have always loved the upper part of Florida,, I am looking forward to meeting you all and watch the racing 🏎. Not sure if I will have the El Camino done or not but if I have to show up in my Dodge Grand caravan so be it at least I will be there!!.
Matty man

·
Deputy National Director
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its official,, I will be heading down Friday the 20th of May and heading up North on Sunday,,
I have always loved the upper part of Florida,, I am looking forward to meeting you all and watch the racing 🏎. Not sure if I will have the El Camino done or not but if I have to show up in my Dodge Grand caravan so be it at least I will be there!!.
Matty man
That's Great !!
Looking forward to meeting you after all these years checking your threads out ! (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was unable to make this event last time but am trying to put it together for this one. It will be a six hour drive for me and I see the gates open at 9 am Saturday so I know will need to drive down on Friday and stay in the motel that night. But what time will activities end? Anything else happening afterwards or on Sunday? Deciding if there's time to drive back on Saturday or is it wiser to stay in motel again Saturday night and go home Sunday. Any one who has done this before and came from out of state have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I know this is a long shot. Hoping to track down my old 66 El Camino, Marina Blue. Owner after me was Andy Busalacchi from Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, sold to someone in FL in 2014? Sorry I do not have the VIN. Any leads would be fantastic.

James

·
Deputy National Director
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was unable to make this event last time but am trying to put it together for this one. It will be a six hour drive for me and I see the gates open at 9 am Saturday so I know will need to drive down on Friday and stay in the motel that night. But what time will activities end? Anything else happening afterwards or on Sunday? Deciding if there's time to drive back on Saturday or is it wiser to stay in motel again Saturday night and go home Sunday. Any one who has done this before and came from out of state have any suggestions? Thanks.
usually around 3ish people leave but the track will still having racing going on
I think most of the long travelers go back to the hotel & have cocktails around the pool, then go have dinner together
then get up sunday morning & head back
Maybe some of the long travelers will chime in & let you know what they do ?

Reactions: seventy

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Like Steve said, about 3 it starts to break up. Some head home but most stay Saturday night. It is a long day getting up early enough to grab breakfast and heading to the meet up spot for the back road tour, then all day at the track.
The hotel info is in Steve's first post. A different hotel this year since the old one went downhill so much.

·
Deputy National Director
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll try to make it this year I think. Are there any details on a hotel? I know the one many of you guys stayed at last year was pretty run down.
went with a different hotel this year
Info posted above, there is a link if you want to check them out

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,823 Posts
I am coming down from central Ohio and I will be heading to Alabama on Sunday to see family in Ft. Rucker. 6 hours is a good drive but it would be up to you on Saturday night, if you have the time stick around and hang out and do dinner that night. Before I retired I would have to head home on Saturday to make work on Monday,, but now I am trying to enjoy life and hanging around gear heads is a big plus IMO,, hope to see you there!!
Matty man

·
5,537 Posts
As mentioned , depending on how far you need to go , some head home Saturday after the get together and others stay overnight on Friday and Saturday . On Friday afternoon , from the motel , we drive a short distance , meet up at an area restaurant , eat on the patio and drive back to the motel together . On Sat.morning a number of us drive over together from the motel and meet up with other members at a Publix before joining Fl Kymino for a nice back road easy cruise to the track . Steve has a large fenced in , shaded area reserved for us to hang out which is nice . After the event the short distance drivers usually head home ; while , those of us staying overnight on Sat. drive back to the motel together . Sat. evening , we usually discuss it and go to an area restaurant for dinner together . We try to eat outside if possible and then drive back to the motel together . Sun. morning we head for home . For me , driving up from the lower Florida Keys is 480 miles one way . I usually stay overnight on Thursday on the mainland and again on Sunday on the way back home . I meet up with the group that drives from the Palm Beach area on Fri. morning to Gainesville . We meet in the a.m. at a parking lot for the ramp to the Florida Turnpike around Indian Town Road ( more specific info on this coming later ) and drive to Gainesville together . We will make a couple of stops to have lunch , get gas and pick up a few members that meet us along the turnpike .As Steve mentioned look at the info on the first few posts for motel etc. info . This is a new place with a good price that Steve has arranged for us . Feel free to ask any questions . This is already shaping up to another fun get together . :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2022 11th Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on MAY 21st at the Gainesville Raceway (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

Gates will open at 9:00 & Racing Starts at 10:00.

We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area (VIP 301) with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!

You can run yours down the 1/4 mile track for some time runs or can join the Summit bracket racing for a chance to win some money
The entry price is $15 spectator & $40 for racing.

They will be running the NHRA Summit Series ET Racing

NHRA Summit Series ET Racing (Link Below)
https://gainesvilleraceway.com/wp-c...eral-Rules-for-ET-Bracket-Series-01.10.21.pdf

Hopefully, I will make the trip this year without an El camino. It would be good to see the gang again!

Matt (Kamino60) Is Still working on the details for lunch ? Maybe bring your own or Matt might make something ? or can buy from the Racetrack concession stand

Have a New Hotel this year (Hope it's better than the Baymont) It's the Quality Inn for $75 plus tax a night, Tell them you're with the El Camino Guys, I said most like the ground floor but you should ask them when you call (352) 378-2405

On Friday May 20th ! We Will have dinner cruise in at Miller's Ale House again

View attachment 144399

So Hope you can join us for the Biggest El Camino event in the Southeast !

View attachment 144400

View attachment 144401

View attachment 144402
View attachment 144403
View attachment 144404

So I sure Hope you can join us for a Great weekend meeting new friends & seeing Old ones !

1 - 20 of 175 Posts