El Camino Central Forum banner
81 - 100 of 157 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
my understanding is Fri afternoon caravan cruise up turnpike/I75 , check in, meet for dinner, country cruise Saturday morn. Then meet at Gainesville RT for the day and dinner that evening at Ale House. Sunday morn breakfast then head for home.
Please correct if I have it wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.
Bill
Orlando
Cruise in for Dinner friday is at the Ale House (since the winghouse closed) not sure where they go saturday night for dinner ?

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Is that the one on Archer?
Assuming I go I would likely either not get into Gainesville until late that night or even possibly early Saturday morning.
There is a new ale house off archer rd in celebration pointe

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
The new Mgr for the racetrack is looking forward to coming by & checking out all the rides
Hope it will be a better turnout than last years covid event !!!
Been posting info on other places

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,537 Posts
Break downs ? Tom , you and I have never have that problem , have we ?

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
@87next2last1 are all user rides welcome to an event like this? I ask because I get nervous driving my '82 such a long distance with it's pretty horrendous track record but I should have my GTO up and running with it's new fuel system and tune by then.
We like to have the Caminos come BUT we welcome all & their daily drivers

·
5,537 Posts
Tom , Thanks to Neil , the driveshaft has arrived and dropped off at the shop doing the work . I am hoping that I will be available to go by the shop when they have the shaft and the air ride tank reinstalled , that they needed to remove to get to it . My concern is that they find the right height so that the driveshaft angles are happy . Would enjoy driving it to the Gainesville meet if possible . If not ready , I will drive my daily driver to attend from the Keys .As Steve said to Kyle , if you are unable to bring your Camino , everyone is welcomed with or without a Camino . We usually have someone do that . As with all our get togethers , we welcome all daily drivers , beaters , show cars and works in progress . There will be the Summit Racing Series ongoing while we are there and you can get on the track by simply registering with the track . The area that Steve reserves for us is close enough to enjoy the racing yet far enough away that you can have a normal conversation with others . If you are going to want a room to overnight , remember to register asap . All the needed info and numbers are in the beginning of this forum . :)

·
5,537 Posts
Steve , I recently purchased a new , larger NECOA banner and will bring it to Gainesville . You have seen them I`m sure , that has several caminos pictured on it and one of them is Neil`s cool ride that he recently sold . What did you and Matt decide to do about lunch ? Again , for those that plan on overnighting in Gainesville , get your room reservations ASAP . All info in the first post that Steve made .

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Steve , I recently purchased a new , larger NECOA banner and will bring it to Gainesville . You have seen them I`m sure , that has several caminos pictured on it and one of them is Neil`s cool ride that he recently sold . What did you and Matt decide to do about lunch ? Again , for those that plan on overnighting in Gainesville , get your room reservations ASAP . All info in the first post that Steve made .
Hey Lenny
Matt @Kamino60 will be posting the lunch info
We was just talking about it last night, So that info will be posted soon

·
5,537 Posts
I just read in another forum that Steve , 87next2last1 is bringing a few of the NECOA windshield/sun shades to the get together for members to purchase . They are cheap , pretty neat looking and with summer time coming , a great idea . This is one of the few ways that NECOA can raise any funds and for $ 20 or less you can also help the association .

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I just read in another forum that Steve , 87next2last1 is bringing a few of the NECOA windshield/sun shades to the get together for members to purchase . They are cheap , pretty neat looking and with summer time coming , a great idea . This is one of the few ways that NECOA can raise any funds and for $ 20 or less you can also help the association .
If your taking orders I would like one.
Bill
Orlando

·
5,537 Posts
Just think . When you lay your head down to go to sleep , there is a distant little voice in your head saying , " this is the El Camino that you love and we would both love to go to the Gainesville get Together " :sleep:

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Anybody starting a list of who's going , put us down for maybe . I got a res for hotel . we will bring our own food & maybe CC Cookies if we go .
I'm not making a list
some people doesn't tell us they are coming plus with listing the event on a bunch of social media sites & they don't tell us they are coming
So it's hard to get the correct count on who's coming ?????

Same for Matt's @Kamino60 thread about the lunch thread, Some people does tell him but some doesn't

Reactions: Kamino60
81 - 100 of 157 Posts