El Camino Central Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Hi everyone. I just reserved my room at the Quality Inn. I am excited to be at this event and will be driving down from Atlanta on Friday. Looking forward to meeting the group.
That's great
Got a few guys coming from the ATL area
Hopefully y'all will meet each other & maybe travel back together ?
Looking forward to meeting you

Reactions: seventy

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Just think . When you lay your head down to go to sleep , there is a distant little voice in your head saying , " this is the El Camino that you love and we would both love to go to the Gainesville get Together " :sleep:
I was pretty much set for Gainesvilles and my Elco said she wasn't going looking like this so I had to take her shopping for dress up stuff. I don't know why every time you take them out they have to have new stuff. Anyway we'll still be there just have to get her to take a bath and put on so fresh chrome cleaner.
Bill
Orlando

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,537 Posts
seventy , Great to hear you will join us in Gainesville . Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Camino . If you haven`t , look back through the other posts for info on the Friday cruise over to the Ale house , Chuck`s Saturday morning ride to the track and if you want to get your Camino on the track . . On Sat. evening we usually hang out in the motel parking lot and talk as to where to eat . Trying to remember last year that we liked it enough and was so convenient that we ate dinner a the Ale House again . Does this sound right to you others ? I am still hoping I will get my 59 back in time from the shop and it will be ready for the long drive from the Keys . If it is ready , I will spend the night around half way up to Bradenton where I will be Jay`s house guest on Thursday and we will drive up together Friday , whether with our Camino or our regular car . Hey , who else is up for some fun ;)

Reactions: 87next2last1

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Anybody starting a list of who's going , put us down for maybe . I got a res for hotel . we will bring our own food & maybe CC Cookies if we go .
I got an email from the hotel today , it said I had booked 8 rooms for 2 nights & the total charge was over $1200.00 . Sorry guys but I'm not paying for all your rooms ! I called the hotel & they explained that was for our group so I will only be charged for 1 room for 2 nights . So I guess we have 8 rooms reserved for the group . Are some of you sharing rooms again ? How is the Love Bug situation ? Some friends got blasted last week driving from Tampa to Vero Beach on HWY 60 . She had a white SUV but the front was black when they got back . If you stick to the main roads it should be less bugs .

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Has it been arranged at the hotel to have parking spaces reserved for the group so we can all park together, especially at night when we arrive back from the dinner?
This is the first time at this Hotel
I don't know how they did it at the other hotel ?
Someone let seventy know what y'all did at the other hotel for parking at night ! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I got a similar email and called about it. If I remember right it states you have one room at $75 in the beginning.
At the other hotel we just requested rooms on the backside and parked in any open spots. Not knowing this hotel I will ask for a room on the west side if the building goes north/ south. That should be the side away from I-75 and a first floor.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I got a similar email and called about it. If I remember right it states you have one room at $75 in the beginning.
At the other hotel we just requested rooms on the backside and parked in any open spots. Not knowing this hotel I will ask for a room on the west side if the building goes north/ south. That should be the side away from I-75 and a first floor.
No rooms left on 1st floor , I had to take a room on the 2nd floor but they have an elevator , they said I can park in handicapped parking near front door lobby ( I have a handicapped permit ) . It was 1st come 1st serve on parking spots at the Baymont . BTW this hotel is 1 exit south of Archer , the Baymont was 1 exit north of Archer . I got this info from the hotel .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to say that I will not be able to make it to the meet this year. I have a bad tranny leak and having vapor lock issues. Its a new ride for me and still trying to figure things out with it. As many of you know I come from Atlanta and its a 5 hour ride for me. Once I get it right and take it for a few long rides, I will be rolling. Have a great time and God willing I will be there next year! God speed!!!!!

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Sorry to say that I will not be able to make it to the meet this year. I have a bad tranny leak and having vapor lock issues. Its a new ride for me and still trying to figure things out with it. As many of you know I come from Atlanta and its a 5 hour ride for me. Once I get it right and take it for a few long rides, I will be rolling. Have a great time and God willing I will be there next year! God speed!!!!!
Bummer
Guess will see ya next year

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,537 Posts
Rey , Sorry you will not be able to attend this year and we admire that you have driven from the Atlanta , Georgia area before with your wife to join us for this get together . I wish more of our member were willing to take a road trip like you and a few of the other cool members that are attending this year from Georgia . On the parking , as Steve said we don`t have reserved parking and we try to parking around each other and see how it works out . We kinda hang out around the cars to talk and tell lies . We also try to keep an eye out on the Caminos and have not had any problems in the perhaps 10 plus years Steve has done this event for us . I am reluctant to state the obvious like don`t leave your Camino with the keys in the ignition , lock your doors when you leave it and any type of security devise you can use , makes good sense all the time . The new motel is just down I 75 from the previous Baymont Inn .

Reactions: seventy

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well I still don't think I'll be taking the El Camino next weekend due to it's front end issues but my GTO didn't blow up on the dyno this morning so I'll probably take that up to Gainesville. It still counts if it's a GM car right?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Well I still don't think I'll be taking the El Camino next weekend due to it's front end issues but my GTO didn't blow up on the dyno this morning so I'll probably take that up to Gainesville. It still counts if it's a GM car right?
View attachment 147459
We don't care what you drive to the Get-Together
As long as you are there

Reactions: squag27
101 - 120 of 157 Posts