El Camino Central Forum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Well I still don't think I'll be taking the El Camino next weekend due to it's front end issues but my GTO didn't blow up on the dyno this morning so I'll probably take that up to Gainesville. It still counts if it's a GM car right?
View attachment 147459
oh ya still counts
I was told when my El Camino was totaled on I4 to Drive my wife's Durango to Gainesville. So it's the member spirit not the ride.
We'll miss ya if ya can't make it.
Bill
Orlando

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,537 Posts
Kyle , you are most welcomed to bring any ride you want ; especially , that fine looking GTO . Hey , since we will be at the track , I think a few of us would enjoy making a few runs down the 1/4 mile to help you out ;) There will be a sign in sheet that we ask everyone to fill out with your name , El Camino Central name/handle , what city you live around and how many miles you drove to get to the get together . Steve will be giving out two $ 50 cash awards for the two longest distance drivers . Us Directors and Deputy Directors are not eligible . We will have a very short meeting at noontime , give out a few small door prizes and take a group photo underneath the new 5 x 8 ft. NECOA banner .

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
No time out for myself to go this year. wife is having multiple health issues requiring surgery, so any time outside of my usually busy work schedule goes to other things. Maybe next year will be better.

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
No time out for myself to go this year. wife is having multiple health issues requiring surgery, so any time outside of my usually busy work schedule goes to other things. Maybe next year will be better.
Bummer sure going to miss seeing your ride

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Oops , I posted on the wrong post . I need a windshield washer motor for a 1986 Chevy El Camino , I prefer new but will settle for a used one that works . I can pick it up at the show in Gainesville . Thanks in advance .

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Oops , I posted on the wrong post . I need a windshield washer motor for a 1986 Chevy El Camino , I prefer new but will settle for a used one that works . I can pick it up at the show in Gainesville . Thanks in advance .
Chris
The windshield washer pumps are pretty cheap on rockauto
the AC delco pump is $16 plus shipping & the trico is $5.75

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
By chance is anyone coming up from the south either late Friday evening or early on Saturday morning? I'm working a full 8-5 on Friday but trying to figure out if it's worth going the night before or just getting up early.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,537 Posts
Is anyone planning on bringing a shade/rain pop up tent ? The pine trees should help with the sun and thinking if we get a passing shower , it will give us something to get under for a little while till it passes . Joe , we will miss seeing your rolling work of art and hope the best for your wife . Again , our plans are to meet at the Quality Inn Gainesville I -75 located at 3455 S. W. . Williston Road 32608 ( phone 352-378-2405 ) . motel parking area and drive over to Millers Ale House together late Friday afternoon , try to park next to each other and have dinner . Miller`s Ale House is at 2881 Bass Pro Shops Blvd. 32608 . Drive back together to the motel or on your own as the Ale House is close by to the Quality Inn . The Ale House is located close to the large Bass Pro Shop . The Ale House address is 2881 Bass Pro Blvd. - Saturday morning , those that want to join us for Chuck`s back road tour will drive north from the motel and meet at the Publix store just to the north of exit 399 . There is a gas station there and we want to leave between 9 to 9:15 . After paying to get in the track , go to the right where you will see the area under the pine trees . Will have a short hello/meeting at noontime . Steve will give out two $ 50 cash distance awards , so please list your mileage on the sign in sheet and we will take a group photo underneath the NECOA banner . Anyone wanting to race can do so by registering when they arrive at the Auto Plus racetrack . If you are in need or a certain part etc. , post it before the event so that if someone else has it , they can bring it for you . Those meeting at the track , the address is 11211 N. County Rd. 32609 . We will drive back to the motel together at the end of the get together . Several people usually have dinner together Sat. evening . We have gone back to the Ale House or if someone knows of a place that is nearby , we can consider that . Hopefully we can sit outside to eat . Please comment if you see anything that is not right in what I posted :)

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Brant won't be coming but said he has a gen5 hood for free. No I won't bring it with me and I don't think he will ship it. Hood is in Boca Raton, send me a conversation and I'll hook you up with him for info.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Is anyone planning on bringing a shade/rain pop up tent ? The pine trees should help with the sun and thinking if we get a passing shower , it will give us something to get under for a little while till it passes . Joe , we will miss seeing your rolling work of art and hope the best for your wife . Again , our plans are to meet at the Quality Inn Gainesville I -75 located at 3455 S. W. . Williston Road 32608 ( phone 352-378-2405 ) . motel parking area and drive over to Millers Ale House together late Friday afternoon , try to park next to each other and have dinner . Miller`s Ale House is at 2881 Bass Pro Shops Blvd. 32608 . Drive back together to the motel or on your own as the Ale House is close by to the Quality Inn . The Ale House is located close to the large Bass Pro Shop . The Ale House address is 2881 Bass Pro Blvd. - Saturday morning , those that want to join us for Chuck`s back road tour will drive north from the motel and meet at the Publix store just to the north of exit 399 . There is a gas station there and we want to leave between 9 to 9:15 . After paying to get in the track , go to the right where you will see the area under the pine trees . Will have a short hello/meeting at noontime . Steve will give out two $ 50 cash distance awards , so please list your mileage on the sign in sheet and we will take a group photo underneath the NECOA banner . Anyone wanting to race can do so by registering when they arrive at the Auto Plus racetrack . If you are in need or a certain part etc. , post it before the event so that if someone else has it , they can bring it for you . Those meeting at the track , the address is 11211 N. County Rd. 32609 . We will drive back to the motel together at the end of the get together . Several people usually have dinner together Sat. evening . We have gone back to the Ale House or if someone knows of a place that is nearby , we can consider that . Hopefully we can sit outside to eat . Please comment if you see anything that is not right in what I posted :)
Lenny we will bring our 10 X 10 shade tent , weather forecast for Sat . in G-ville 70 % rain , 60 % on Sunday , I hope it changes .

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
mine doesn't look like those 3 , is that the kind that plug into the wiper motor ?
yes they plug into the wiper unit, the 84-87 are the same
you can see the washer pump on this 84-87 wiper motor
It just slides in & out

Gas Auto part Bumper Machine Metal

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
121 - 140 of 157 Posts