El Camino Central Forum banner

If you would like take part in a Gainesville Meet lunch ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I am not a big fan of track food and since I got a new smoker for Christmas I am planning on making some food for the meet. I made Hamburgers and Hot Dogs about 3 of 4 years ago and it was pretty good. So my plan is to smoke 2 pork shoulders and 2 chickens so we can make pulled pork and chicken sandwiches, there will also be baked beans. Since I have no idea how many people are coming or how many may want lunch I will plan on making as many as I can and hope everyone who wants lunch gets sandwich, if there is leftovers then we will eat it until it's all gone ! My plan is to make one of each with just salt and pepper and one of each with a sweet rub. I will also bring some barbeque sauces as well and you will need to bring your own drinks. I will try to keep it at 10 dollars but with the price of food it may be a little more. The plan is to make it Thursday and Friday, refrigerate it and bring it cold to Gainesville. I will start warming it up around 10:30 or 11:00 so hopefully by noon it will be ready. AS I SAID there is a concession stand at the track for another option and you can always bring your own lunches! So I am new to smoking meat so please don't feel obligated to eat lunch with us, I will try and keep everything as clean as I can and cold until I start heating up. If you have any concerns please choose option 2 or 3 ! I will also include a poll as well so at least I will have an idea of how many NECOA members here may want lunch !
Thanks
everyone, hope to see you there !

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,705 Posts
I am in for the lunch, thank you in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
So since I am not a big fan of track food and since I got a new smoker for Christmas I am planning on making some food for the meet. I made Hamburgers and Hot Dogs about 3 of 4 years ago and it was pretty good. So my plan is to smoke 2 pork shoulders and 2 chickens so we can make pulled pork and chicken sandwiches, there will also be baked beans. Since I have no idea how many people are coming or how many may want lunch I will plan on making as many as I can and hope everyone who wants lunch gets sandwich, if there is leftovers then we will eat it until it's all gone ! My plan is to make one of each with just salt and pepper and one of each with a sweet rub. I will also bring some barbeque sauces as well and you will need to bring your own drinks. I will try to keep it at 10 dollars but with the price of food it may be a little more. The plan is to make it Thursday and Friday, refrigerate it and bring it cold to Gainesville. I will start warming it up around 10:30 or 11:00 so hopefully by noon it will be ready. AS I SAID there is a concession stand at the track for another option and you can always bring your own lunches! So I am new to smoking meat so please don't feel obligated to eat lunch with us, I will try and keep everything as clean as I can and cold until I start heating up. If you have any concerns please choose option 2 or 3 ! I will also include a poll as well so at least I will have an idea of how many NECOA members here may want lunch !
Thanks
everyone, hope to see you there !
There will be four of us and we are new.f

e f

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,532 Posts
Rob`s 79 , Great to hear you and your friends are attending the Gainesville Get Together . Not sure if I missed it and if ok to ask , where are you coming from ? Have a good trip and hopefully talk with you soon . If you will be in need of a motel room , the info is in the forum on the event .

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

·
5,532 Posts
Count me in for two. Are we getting together for Friday evening also? I’m staying at the Hom hotel.
Jim , Yes , we plan on getting together in the parking area of the motel on Friday and drive the short distance to the Ale House , then return later after Chris Nelson picks up the tab for all our meals LOL . I wish my wife was able to attend one of our events and is retiring soon from Blue Heaven Restaurant in Key West . Some may want to Google it as it is a cool , different place with good food . Rob , Great to see you and your friends are coming from Jax . Have you met Joe ( jlcustomz ) from Jax yet ?

·
5,532 Posts
Chris , tell Chuck I said " liar , liar , pants on fire " !

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,977 Posts
2 of us will be there.

Do you want us to bring potato salad?

What kind of smoker did you get? We have a Bradley smoker and love it

Reactions: Kamino60

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 of us will be there.

Do you want us to bring potato salad?

What kind of smoker did you get? We have a Bradley smoker and love it
I got a Pit Boss pellet one side and a gas grill on the other and I love the automatics pellet feeder and digital meat thermometers. I would stay away from anything that might go bad in the heat but munches would be great, hoping I have enough food for those who what to eat with us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts