El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Deputy National Director
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2023 12th Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on April 1at at the Gainesville Raceway (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

Gates will open at 8:00 & Racing Starts at 10:00. I should be there Around 9

We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area (VIP 301) with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!

You can run yours down the 1/4 mile track for some time runs or can join the Summit bracket racing for a chance to win some money
The entry price is $15 spectator & $40 for racing in the Sportsman class.

They will be running the NHRA Summit Series ET Racing

Automotive tire Font Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Electric blue

NHRA Summit Series ET Racing (Link Below)

Cloud Sky Automotive tire Building Font

Matt (Kamino60) Is Still working on the details for lunch ? Maybe bring your own ? or can buy from the Racetrack concession stand
Please post your suggestions for lunch ?

Have the same Hotel this year, It's the Quality Inn for $110 plus tax a night, Regular price for this time a year is $140 a night, He said it's their busy time of the year, Tell them you're with the El Camino Guys, I said most like the ground floor but you should ask them when you call (352) 378-2405

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/gainesville/quality-inn-hotels/fl683?mc=llgoxxpx

Might be able for you to find a cheaper hotel using those Hotel Apps ??
The Baymont we used before is under remodel & not sure when they will re-open, So might check with them ?

On Friday March 31st ! We Will have dinner cruise in at Miller's Ale House again

Table Hat Chair Leisure Smile

So Hope you can join us for the Biggest El Camino event in the Southeast !

Cloud Sky Plant Car Vehicle

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Land vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

So I sure Hope you can join us for a Great weekend meeting New Friends & seeing Old Ones !

· Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,898 Posts
If you are only able to make it to only one event a year , I suggest you attend and enjoy Steve`s 12th annual event . Steve has again arranged discount rooms at a decent , clean and convenient place . The Friday and Saturday meet up at the Ale House is only a very short drive from the host motel and most drive there together and back and join Chuck on Sat. morning for his beautiful back roads drive to the racetrack for the event . The VIP area is a large , shaded , mostly fenced in area for our use that is close enough to see the Summit Series Races going on ; yet , far enough you can have a decent conversation . Those that want to get their ride on the track can easily do so where each March , it is used for the Gator Nationals , a national caliber event with the NHRA . Open air , flush tolets , decent concession stand , access to visit the race pits , oh my !

· Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,898 Posts
Glad to say that I will now be able to attend this fun event . With travel reservations made almost a year ago , it was not going to be possible to make the chosen date in April but we will make the event at the track on Saturday . Won`t be able to attend the Friday cruise to the Ale House or Chuck`s cool back road ride to the track . Gotta leave around 3:30 pm to get back to the campground which is an hour and a half south of Gainesville where we have to move the trailer in the early morning to another spot in the park and then to another spot in the afternoon . It`s getting a little better but getting a camping spot at most of the state and federal campgrounds is very difficult and many are still reserved for the next year . We would like to ask everyone attending to meet up in our parking area for a quick hello and a group photo . Steve Sanders ( 87next2last1 ) , and Matt ( Kymino60 ) , are looking into what to do for lunch at the track . Some may eat at the track`s concession which has been decent , bring their own lunch or Matt and Steve are looking for your opinions/requests for lunch . Naturally , the earlier you make any needed room resos , the better . Steve has again arranged for a good motel that we enjoyed and was conveniently located . The motel tries their best and you may want to request a room on the first floor . I think all the rooms have a mini frig and a microwave . Where is the good breakfast place near the motel that a number of you said was good and close by ?

Reactions: Chris Nelson
1 - 6 of 6 Posts