El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,906 Posts
If you are only able to make it to only one event a year , I suggest you attend and enjoy Steve`s 12th annual event . Steve has again arranged discount rooms at a decent , clean and convenient place . The Friday and Saturday meet up at the Ale House is only a very short drive from the host motel and most drive there together and back and join Chuck on Sat. morning for his beautiful back roads drive to the racetrack for the event . The VIP area is a large , shaded , mostly fenced in area for our use that is close enough to see the Summit Series Races going on ; yet , far enough you can have a decent conversation . Those that want to get their ride on the track can easily do so where each March , it is used for the Gator Nationals , a national caliber event with the NHRA . Open air , flush tolets , decent concession stand , access to visit the race pits , oh my !

5,906 Posts
Glad to say that I will now be able to attend this fun event . With travel reservations made almost a year ago , it was not going to be possible to make the chosen date in April but we will make the event at the track on Saturday . Won`t be able to attend the Friday cruise to the Ale House or Chuck`s cool back road ride to the track . Gotta leave around 3:30 pm to get back to the campground which is an hour and a half south of Gainesville where we have to move the trailer in the early morning to another spot in the park and then to another spot in the afternoon . It`s getting a little better but getting a camping spot at most of the state and federal campgrounds is very difficult and many are still reserved for the next year . We would like to ask everyone attending to meet up in our parking area for a quick hello and a group photo . Steve Sanders ( 87next2last1 ) , and Matt ( Kymino60 ) , are looking into what to do for lunch at the track . Some may eat at the track`s concession which has been decent , bring their own lunch or Matt and Steve are looking for your opinions/requests for lunch . Naturally , the earlier you make any needed room resos , the better . Steve has again arranged for a good motel that we enjoyed and was conveniently located . The motel tries their best and you may want to request a room on the first floor . I think all the rooms have a mini frig and a microwave . Where is the good breakfast place near the motel that a number of you said was good and close by ?

Reactions: Chris Nelson

5,906 Posts
While April 1 is a ways off , I suggest that you make ( if needed ) , a room reso . Sometimes there is an event at the University Of Florida or some type of sports tournament in the area and the motel you want may be booked . The motel is nice , clean and accommodating , close to the Friday cruise-in to the Ale House , food and conveniently just off I- 75 . Most request a first floor room . Chevlovr , are you bringing that nice , new to you Camino ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts