El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I actually like the collenade body style. If parts were more available, i'd prolly have one. There's enough agrivation in my life without having to find obscure parts for your car. That's why i bought a 5th gen. That and it was only $1000. Did i mention that i am a cheap ba*tard?:texas:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Jarhead, can you tell me why parts are so hard to find for this model?. Were there fewer produced than other generations? I claim ignorance when it comes to anything but 2nd gens. When it comes to them I claim ugliness. Ugliness is bliss.:dontknow:

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
As far as I know the 4th gen was the one that sold the most copies of all generations. So go figure.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
i could be way off, but i'm figuring that the craftsmanship started going downhill, and since cars were somewhat cheap, people would just buy a new one when their old one crapped out. this would have put a lot of 4th gens in the boneyards, rusting away til they saw the crusher. that old soup can may have been part of a 75 el camino fender. :(

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
The 4th gens were built during "GM's Golden Years of Rust!!!" Hardly anything survives from 73-77. When was the last time you saw a 76 Regal or Cutlass Supreme? Only things that survived were eldo converts because everyone fell for the hype of "America's Last Convertible". A few other convertibles and Montes and firebirds and camaros. But all were prone to rust.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like the first pic I made it my new wall paper.
I will say one thing about 4th Gens there not easy to find parts 4 but they look great when built the right way.
After seeing your pics im at a crossroads wit my 77 Elco ( im not sure if I wanna keep the 2tone body trim on mine or paint it one color & shave it off)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts