El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took it down for the safety inspection.
After looking for a week for my "CURRENT" registration and window sticker, it was located last night.

The mission now is to get it a bit cleaned up and take it to the lil car show that is being held at the Windcrest Golf Course (San Antonio, Tx).

Will fly in from Phoenix Friday night, take my son to his Band Camp weekend, take a nap.
Go to the bodyshop early Saturday AM, wash the car and re-install a couple of loose items--and take it to the show.

I would have spent more time on it today, but the Windstar blew a hose last week and "SHE" wants it fixed today. Apparently she thinks the kid NEEDS to have the van to get to school and back.
(I am not of this opinion as big yellow buses go by my house on a daily basis Monday thru Friday.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh----BTW----Speedometer no longer howls----had to buy a new one and then drill a tiny hole for the bright light indicator.
Lil 307 pulls strong (for what it is) and I have ran the car thru all 5 gears.
Nice and quiet-----smooth shifting (TKO 600)

Well-----off to fix the van now-----then I gotta pack for another trip to Arizona

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,455 Posts
Oh----BTW----Speedometer no longer howls----had to buy a new one and then drill a tiny hole for the bright light indicator.
Bryan,
Can you tell me a little more on what you did for the bright light indicator!!! I also chanced my speedometer and it does not have that light. The shop that did it said that there was no spot for it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just drilled a tiny little hole in the area that cardboard tube surrounds so the red light could show thru.

When I get home I will get a couple of measurements for you as to where to punch the hole.
I think I just used a 1/8 drill bit-----use a new one so that it will punch thru cleanly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts