El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about the 502. It's going to be a brute force machine. I fired it up for the first time today. Drove it up town to a muffler shop. Man I never imagined it would have that kind of power. I haven't ran it hard but I can feel it and hear it too.... :D...I have to break it in gently, so it will be a while before I can really put my foot in it. You guys know with all that torque, it's got to be awesome. I'll give more info as I learn. I knew nothing about EFI before now. I have lots of learning to do too. Already had to pull the fuel rail and the injectors. My first time for something like that. It was an experience too. I'm not getting older, I'm getting smarter. Who said " You can't teach an old dog new tricks"?.......... 8)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I am Jelous! No really, I am! I have plans of doing the ZZ version of the 502 im My 72 Elky. I can only imagine what it will feel like.

Drive it down here to Texas and let me test drive it to make sure I want one! :D

Does it get any better than that?

·
Banned
881 Posts
elky72ss454 said:
I'm talking about the 502. It's going to be a brute force machine.
My friend has a 502 in his 70 Nova. It's a really fun car to drive. Only problem is keeping tires on it. :wink:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
64 Posts
elky72ss454 oh yeah that is sweet but what kind of tires are you running? when i get the ram jet i will be running et streets those are probably your best bet i would think.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running BFG radial TA's.....I don't race, I just cruise chicks(pick up single women) and go to car shows. 8) The 572 is a nice engine, I wanted a fuel injected BBC.... :p

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Hey Mark, I checked out the pics of the new motor. The 502 looks fantastic. Looks like it was made for your elky. Must sound awesome. Any chance of getting a sound bite on your web site? So, no racing for the 502?? Just for picking up women?? Need to know how well that works.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 502 doesn't help get the women..........I am a silver tongued devil! 8) The 502 runs out real sweet. Fuel injected Big Blocks are awesome! :D Never going back to carbs. You see where I won the car show last Saturday? Got a 1st place trophy about 18 inches tall. Made my day.........

·
Registered
64 Posts
well it might not be legal but what the cops dont know cant hurt 8) what kind of suspension set up are you running? congrats on the trophy. well deserved.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I was starting to look at that trophy on your web site, but got distracted by that moving image of the "perfect woman"! Kinda nice on the eyes. Did you have the new motor in when you won the trophy? Is that the first trophy or just the first trophy of this year? Either way, congrats. Very well deserved.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Sorry Mark, I answered my own question after I stopped looking at the girl on your web site and noticed the pic of the car show, which showed the new motor in it. That motor goes perfect in your elky. I'm jealous. I will have to rethink my motor plans. I was going to leave the SB in for a bit and concentrate on some apperance stuff. Just did the hood stripe and rally's. I want to get one more season in before doing any motor work. I'm still trying for my first trophy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahahahhahahahahaha.....She will get you attention, thats for sure. That Lil Darlin is finer than frog hair....ever seen frog hair?...........it's real fine! Glad you liked it/her JW. The 502 was in when I won the trophy. It's the only trophy I've ever won in a car show........ 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts