El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I gotta say is----WOW!! What a day!!
We ended up with over 20 Elkys at the Waco Flying J.

I got this awesome clock from Gilby--he put the avatar he designed for me on a clock, and secretly sent it to DDD to give to me! (YOU SNEAKY GUYS!) Thanks Gilby! I LOVE IT!

My kids got to have fun calling out the lucky ticket numbers for the door prizes with Roy and Joyce (mr & mrs fixitman1)

Woody presented me with the COOLEST EVER award! WOODY, you have no idea what that meant to me! (and thanks for making me get all teary eyed!!) You are one great guy!!

THEN...the brake booster decided to give out on Carlos, on the way to the race track!
I couldn't run Carlos, so I decided to make the best of it, and I took my son's 82 for a few passes down the track. It just wasn't the same...but I was determined to have fun! I made 7 passes, and this strange guy I think his name's Donny, pulled me aside and MADE MY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! I GOT TO TAKE THE YELLOW ROSE DOWN THE TRACK!!! What a rush!!! Thank you Donny & Leslie!! You guys sure made my night!!
Finally, I did get to take Carlos out on the track--bypassed the brake line...and I had a blast!!

I have tons of videos and pictures, and will load them on here asap!
I had the best day ever!! So many laughs, memories, and surrounded by fantastic friends!! Not a bad way to spend a day!!

Thanks, EVERYONE!!!!! :You_Rock:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a fun video of The Geezer and I doing a little tube steak boogie down the track together!! Geezer (Richard) and Mrs. Geezer (Lisa), I can't wait to get together with you again! :You_Rock:

Enjoy this one Geezer!! :poke:
http://youtu.be/eiqvmTvi-Z4?t=12s

·
0 Posts
Although most all The Rats were show cars and on trailers,they outran the daily driven Mouses.
We lost but it also exposed my fuel delivery problem and why my car shutdown at 4500 rps on each run.:dontknow:
Time to turn more wrenches again and sit back with a pen and pad...:secret:

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
You know I built the Yellow Rose for fun. I never started it to be a show car or a race car, just a fun car, and after watching Terry’s smile from driving it, it all paid off. When people feel honored to drive your ride that’s a complement to you. Of all the best things I did all day yesterday letting her drive it tops them all. Besides my wife one time and my tune guy, Terry is the only other person I've let drive the Yellow Rose. I trusted her abilities and I knew it would be fine. So I say thank you miss hot rod for enjoying the ride!!!
Only woman I know that can say see drove 3 different cars at a drag strip in one night!!!
And FYI, I didn't race Mrs. Fixit cause I be danged if that small block was going to get me twice and once with a woman driver!!!!
Woman racers, you gotta love them!!!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Director Region 13 (TX) Emeritus
602 Posts
For those who missed the Belton Texas event , you missed more than just a car show, you missed the meeting of the Clan or better yet a real family reunion presided over by God father Kenny Rogers our true patriarch.
In Belton it is not just about chrome and shinny paint , it’s about divers bunch of folks loving one of GM’s step children of cars. EL Camino owners are loyal and dedicated to their unappreciated half breeds in spite of the fact that our object of affection is looked down upon by most other models as not a real truck nor a real car. On the contrary we like to think of an EL Camino as having your cake and eating it too. All the comfort and class of a smooth riding car but able to carry most all we want when we need it, plus the ability to surprise many unsuspecting Mustangs or Camaros from a light.
Thanks Ken :You_Rock: and all your helping hands for another milestone gathering which is sure to continue to grow ever more. Like we all know things are always bigger in Texas and the love for our EL Camino regardless of level of shine is no exception. Looking forward to next year. Harald K :texas:

·
Registered
36 Posts
terry you are right great event. the guys that came with me Lynn and Reggie enjoyed it tremendously also. They are talking about the next one and maybe driving to Dallas to one of there gatherings

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
whew ..... talk about a ride... 500 miles round trip for us but i would do it tomorrow all over..
kind of like ground hog day.....
and your right DDD it was all in fun no hard feelings bro:poke:ummmmm.
im waiting for pics and video and terry you have to explain your award for the folks plz....

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I gotta say is, Donny, Leslie, Woody, Tim, Brandon, Richard, Lisa, Roy,Joyce, Ken, Glenn, Bree, Len, Linda, Harald, Beepster, Mrs. Beepster, Elevator Man, Steve, Ray, Sara, Bryan, Hector, Randy, Skip, Alfred, Lynn, Reggie, Roy's sister, Pa8triot, Bud, Mike B, Ron, Robert, everyone else who attended, helped out, hung out, and shared the day with us, :You_Rock: Sorry if I left anyone out...I can't remember everyone's names, but I can remember faces, and I can't wait to see you all again next year!!:beer:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Terry, Donny, Bud, Lin, Glenn, Ken, Roy, Dee, Rudy and to the rest of the people I got to hang out with all day, THANK YOU so much!!! You guys were great and really made me feel welcome to this group of VERY special people and your very special rides. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got there. But from the time I stepped out of my car in Dallas to hook up with the train to the last good-byes of the evening, you all made me feel like one of the family. This wasn't a car show, it was a family reunion. I do have to say that bringing up the rear of the train was great and watching everybody that passed by looking over and pointing out all the Elky's on the road was truly a sight to see.

My Elky "RC", should be arriving by transport this week. You guys have given me great motivation to get it up and running and ready for Belton next year. I can't wait to get started on it!

To everybody who was following on the Facebook page, thank you for the words of encouragement. What started out as just putting a couple pictures on the page to show the nation what us Texan's can do :texas:turned into a personal project to share with the rest of the Elky nation how much fun we were actually having:nanawrench: And Terry, my phone had blown up with over 50 FB messages this morning, so you got me back!!:poke:

Thanks everybody for a great time, can't wait to bring my family next year to meet my new family!:You_Rock:

Here are the pics I got to take with the real camera:

http://photobucket.com/Belton2012

·
0 Posts
Terry, Donny, Bud, Lin, Glenn, Ken, Roy, Dee, Rudy and to the rest of the people I got to hang out with all day, THANK YOU so much!!! You guys were great and really made me feel welcome to this group of VERY special people and your very special rides. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got there. But from the time I stepped out of my car in Dallas to hook up with the train to the last good-byes of the evening, you all made me feel like one of the family. This wasn't a car show, it was a family reunion. I do have to say that bringing up the rear of the train was great and watching everybody that passed by looking over and pointing out all the Elky's on the road was truly a sight to see.

My Elky "RC", should be arriving by transport this week. You guys have given me great motivation to get it up and running and ready for Belton next year. I can't wait to get started on it!

To everybody who was following on the Facebook page, thank you for the words of encouragement. What started out as just putting a couple pictures on the page to show the nation what us Texan's can do :texas:turned into a personal project to share with the rest of the Elky nation how much fun we were actually having:nanawrench: And Terry, my phone had blown up with over 50 FB messages this morning, so you got me back!!:poke:

Thanks everybody for a great time, can't wait to bring my family next year to meet my new family!:You_Rock:

Here are the pics I got to take with the real camera:

http://photobucket.com/Belton2012
Is it the HPI 72 Elky?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Who tried to sneek in with the crew cab ranchero?

·
Registered
367 Posts
thanks to everyone who made it a special day for terry and the family. I met a lot of good people and look foward to next year. maybe she'll even let me drive carlos once or twice:poke:. thanks to everyone for helping make her day great:You_Rock:. jim

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Here yea go Terry and thanks for not listening to Roys advise about keep going!!!!
http://
Second gear chirp, gotta love it!!!
You go girl!!
More vids in my album, click the pic!!!
Donny

1 - 20 of 33 Posts