1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
this strange VIN number, is not to encode for me, especially not in germany:
"*TW80A9Z500676*

If somebody has a advive for me, or can encode this VIN I would be very happy and greatful.

cheerz from germany :beer:

eyk/germany

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
TW80A9Z500676
T = (Division) GMC
W = (Series) Malibu El Camino
80 = (Body style) 2-DR pickup delivery
A = (engine) v-6 231A
9 = (year) 1979
Z = (Assembly plant) Fremont Ca
500676 = production numbers (5 GMC) 00676

·
Registered
45 Posts
..I don't understand where did you get "T W"//it should be a 1(one) or a 5 (five) the 80 is body style
the "A" is the engine type( There is no "A" it must be an "H") the 9(nine)is the year( 1979)..the "Z" was built in Freemont California.and the six(6) ditigal numbers is the sequential numbers(serial#).
..If you can, take a picture of the VIN numbersso we all can see it and decode it for ya.:dontknow:
:beer:

·
Registered
45 Posts
..I don't understand where did you get "T W"//it should be a 1(one) or a 5 (five) the 80 is body style
the "A" is the engine type( There is no "A" it must be an "H") the 9(nine)is the year( 1979)..the "Z" was built in Freemont California.and the six(6) ditigal numbers is the sequential numbers(serial#).
..If you can, take a picture of the VIN numbersso we all can see it and decode it for ya.:dontknow:
..my bad,I tought you had a 75 El camino not a 79..:dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..my bad,I tought you had a 75 El camino not a 79..:dontknow:
...note to self,make sure the wife logs out before I post something stupid .:screwy:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
There is a Body number plate under the hood on the left side firewall near the windshield wiper arm shaft, That has more info on your Caballero if you want to know the colors & other info ! :beer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys, thanks all of you for your help - finaly I can register my baby and drive this summer....

best regards - eyk. ALL THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU :You_Rock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts