El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it again, didnt learn my lesson;

I just received from The ElCamino Store my new seat covers for my '86.

Wrong color, wrong fabric. I knew I was rolling the dice. There was only one close color option for my stock original - claret/oxblood seats, one THEY call burgandy.

I told them before I ordered - my year, make and model. What I got was a much brighter red with diamond pattern inserts. Called them and thay said we dont have your color. Now I get to pay the restock fee. My year never came with such an option as they offer!
PLEASE!

Never again will I do business with them. :let_it_all_out:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..never have,and never will.....:beer:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I will never and I mean never order from The El Camino Store again. Been burned too many times myself and have heard too many complaints from others.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Try dixiemontecarlo.com Very professional and HONEST. They will tell you up front if it is or isn't what you're looking for. I've bought many parts from them, both when in NC and now in CT. Same great professional service and knowledge. And NO, they're not paying me for this commercial! LOL!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I won't order from them either, too many screw ups and awful customer service, it surprises me that they are suggested when people ask where to buy stuff... along with others but I'm still surprised that they get suggested anyway.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts
Four 1969 El Camino's restored with 80% of the parts I have needed coming from NPD (National Parts Depot) many NOS and a lot of home restoration also.

Never a problem with them as a company and a lot of help, have had some not up to my standard of part problem from a few import parts and they just take it back with a fair deal and no problems, many times changing the part to another venders part if they have two venders for the same part and thanking me for the heads up and pulled the one I did not like off there shelf and sent them back as substandard. They are not perfect as they don't make the items but they listen and look and help. They also do no gauge for shipping.

They put on an all GM show every year at Silver Springs in Ocala FL and they treat the NECOA and our EL Camino's with reserved parking up front and give us great billing and help.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I think dealing with Ecklers'/El Camino Store depends upon what you want to order, and how you go about ordering. Do NOT order online. Call them. They will tell you if the item(s) is/are in stock, and when they will ship. If not in stock, just don't order. I use them randomly, and their prices are usually slightly to much higher than other places. Sometimes, they are the only ones that advertise what you want. Just CALL them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts