El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please join region 6 :florida: to a Get-Together & Runs down the 1/4 mile track on Saturday September 15th @ the Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville (Home of the Gatornationals) ! The raceway will be doing there Summit ET series racing all day. Gates open at 11:00 & they race till around 10 PM.
We can meet in the big parking field before the gates open ! They might let us in early.
You can run against your spouse or friends !! I plan on having a cookout,Swap meet if you want to bring some parts to sell or trade.
We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !! There is a $10 spectator entry fee & If you want to run down the track it will be another $15 for that !! http://autoplusraceway.com/

There will be a professional photographer at the race track if you want to get your pic on the track !! http://behindthescenez.net He does sell stuff that you can get your pic on !!

I have setup a Friday night Dinner & Show at Cody's Original Roadhouse !!
For some Great food & Cold drinks with a 15% discount ! They will block off some of the parking lot for us to park together !!
http://www.codysamerican.com/

I have the Fairfield Inn (Marriott) Set us up with a group rate of 69.00/79.00 a night. You can park in front of your room ! Located right off Newberry Road & I-75.
Please see the flyer on the Hotel !

If you have any Questions please PM me or email [email protected]
Please join us for a fun day with racing !!

%

Attachments

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Event Flyer

Here is the flyer for the event !!
If you could print some out and pass them around your area, It will be very appreciated !!
Thanks & Have a Good One !! :beer:

Steve

Attachments

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
This get together has started to gel and it looks like it will be well attended . Steve has stepped forward with a great idea , has and is continuing to put a lot of time and effort to make it enjoyable . This is the most northerly location we have had an event and hopefully those of you in Northern and Western Fl. as well as Southern Ga. and Alabama will also support it through your attendance . :smileyb:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Just checked out the flyer.

You have the same ECC/NECOA logo in your flyer that I was going to use.

I got a condescending lecture from Ken Rogers over it:let_it_all_out:

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Sean , Sometimes talking over a faceless computer or phone , things get distorted and sometimes the true meaning gets lost . Knowing both you and Ken , I`m sure it will get resolved as we are all trying to work together to help you have a successful event . Your most generous idea of providing turkeys for the needy will get the same level of interest and Ken will be very supportive .The logo and the ECC mention will get resolved . In the meantime the Gainesville show is gathering interest and participants . Again , this is a great opportunity in North Florida that should not be missed .

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the new members that might not have seen this event to join us for a great weekend !! :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to it. Just let me know how I can help.
Thanks !! John for volunteering to help !!:beer:

We'll go out to a Test & Tune night & I'll so you what I've got planed so far !!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Still a maybe but I might bring Ginger up there and see what she will run.

I'm guessing somewhere between 11.0 and 17.0:dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Thats great Sean! Thought your schedule had yo on the North Slope for this one :dontknow:

:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you & Ginger can make it !!
You can race for money & trophy or just do runs for fun & time slips !:driving:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Friday Night Dinner & Show

For the Friday Night Dinner & Show at Cody's Original Roadhouse, I told the boss lady a 7:00 time for the members to eat together, If they want to.
You can get there early & hang out with others ! Have some cold :beer: & Some Peanuts & throw the shells on the floor !!
I told her I will get her how many will be attending closer to the event !!

They will have a area blocked off for us to park the riders together for a small show !
Well it could be a big show, It all depends how many show up ? :dontknow:

Here is there site If you want to check it out !!
http://www.codysamerican.com/

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anybody wants to pass out flyers in their town, Please let me know & I will send you some ! I've been putting them in any business that will let me put them on the Counters,Windows,Doors Etc ! Please help pass the word about this Get-Together & NECOA !!
Thanks !! :beer:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
If anybody wants to pass out flyers in their town, Please let me know & I will send you some ! I've been putting them in any business that will let me put them on the Counters,Windows,Doors Etc ! Please help pass the word about this Get-Together & NECOA !!
Thanks !! :beer:
Please send me some as I am too lazy to hit the print button.:poke:

Just kidding, I am going to print up some to pass out also.

Thanks for the kick in the pants though....:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
ok - all set with a room for fri and sat night. looks like we may all be there 'til too late to drive back.

i just want to run for fun and time slips - i don't think i'll be making any 11 second passes, so i just need long pants and sneakers, i think. let me know if that's not right.

do i need to register ahead or just pay up when we all show up at the track on saturday?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please send me some as I am too lazy to hit the print button.:poke:

Just kidding, I am going to print up some to pass out also.

Thanks for the kick in the pants though....:beer:
Hi Sean,
I know ink cartridges are expensive & I had some printed for free & Just wanted to ask guys if they want some or print them out !
Thanks Sean ! :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok - all set with a room for fri and sat night. looks like we may all be there 'til too late to drive back.

i just want to run for fun and time slips - i don't think i'll be making any 11 second passes, so i just need long pants and sneakers, i think. let me know if that's not right.

do i need to register ahead or just pay up when we all show up at the track on saturday?
Hi Ed,

Yes !! for long pants & sneakers (anything covering all of your foot) (no sandals,flipflops) !!

usually we pay at the gate for a spectator or racing ! I will get more info about paying for racing when I meet with the track guy wednesday !
With this being a double points day ! (2 racing events Day & Night) Usually you have to pay twice if you want to run for the trophey & money events ! & Should be a 1 time charge for the Test & Tune runs for the whole event !

I will be stopping at the hotel to make sure everything will run smooth with them !

:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hotel Update !

Everything looks good with the New name Change !
They have a bigger hot breakfast & Starting to remodel !
I got us a better deal !! $55 for King & $65 for double !
Still get to park in front of your room !
Any questions Please ask !
Make sure you mention El Camino Central !
Please see the new Flyer for more info !

Thanks ! :beer:
Steve

Attachments

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4 Weeks to go :bump:
For the New members that might have not seen this event, So Please join us for a Great Weekend !!

Thanks ! :beer:
Steve

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3 Weeks to go !! :beer:
Anyone else want to join us for a great weekend ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts