Had some friends come up from Bakersfield on Father's Day weekend, and we got to spend the day turning wrenches.
We started with the intake, and managed to get almost everything done.
-New intake installed
-new water and vacuum fittings on the intake
-new water pump and thermostat installed
-new radiator installed, with new hoses. Had problems with the stainless hose from OPGI, so stuck with factory correct rubber
- alternator installed with new brackets
-new power steering hoses and pump installed
-New battery cables installed, with a new ground point on the frame
-painted and reinstalled the original shroud. Need to find a replacement or just go to electric fans.
-Rerouted the new heater hoses on the firewall, to make room for the plug wires and transmission dipstick.
It was great having my buddy and my daughter there to help. We spent a lot of time just figuring out how to make things right as we went, instead of just slapping it together to run.
I have newspark plug wires to install, and then the carb goes back on. Should be ready to fire in another couple hours worth of work. We are taking a much needed week off to visit my kids in Hawaii, and meet our newest grandson, so it will be a couple weeks before I get another chance to work.
I'll add some pics on the next post.