El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my elky out tonight for a little spin and picked up my girlfriend. after getting many compliments in town, I had just the luck to get pulled over. He had the nerve to call my 85 anold ugly peice of s%*!. Then giving me a ticket for "excessive noise". I swear the power trips that some cops have is nuts!:screwy:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
that is just wrong, im sure there is a paper somewhere to fill out about how rude and disrespectful the cop was.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
i would do that if i were you. love my police officers to death when they do right, but when they are rude it is insufferable.

·
932 Posts
El caminos you either love them or hate them , Sounds like the cop was having a bad day and not acting very professional . Can you dispute the ticket ? Did he have a way to record the decibel level of your car or were you doing something like squueling tires or over reving your engine .

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
He's probably got a 6 cyl. ranchero at home.

Just jealous:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Buy the decibel meter from radio shack, check your level (idle and 2k) and record with video. Check your local laws for the ordinance and levels allowed. Return the meter. Decide whether to move out of state, or adjust your exhaust.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Decide whether to move out of state, or adjust your exhaust.

you know you love your El Camino more then life it self when you consider finding a state that will meet your EL Camino needs, and not vice versa........... :poke:LOL

and yes you can go to court, it will just be a he said she said, unless the officer doesn't show.:secret:

·
Registered
421 Posts
If it helps in Iowa and most states I think all city and state cops are miked as soon as their siren goes on their dash cam and personal recorder on their person turns on and records. It is supposed to help them fight a false accusation but it may help you in this case. I am not saying that I do not like law enforcement because without them it would be a very hard place to live. Everyone has bad days I understand that however,it should not come out in giving someone a ticket. It would be the same as a welder doing bad work because they had a bad day, costing their employer and/or customer extra money and time for no reason.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
As a former police officer I know there are about 5% of them who need to be doing something else, they don't have the mentality or common sense to do the job. Some cities do not have the camera and mics, if that one did he should expect a complaint to be brought against him. Most departments want to know when an officer crosses the line and have public relations officers to take citizen complaints.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Weve got a similar cop in my town. And wouldnt ya know it, its a woman! She hates kids and writes us for everything.

Personally, Id fight it with everything I had! You can at least get him for bein unprofessional and possibly suspended lol

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
But the real question is ..."is it an ugly piece of S...?":poke:

There's a cruise nigfht not far here sponsored by the local fire dept. During the show the local cop will cruise up and down the aisles checking the cars. When the cars leave he's waiting at the exit and pulls over about 18-20 cars for exhaust, lights, missing hoods, etc....

·
Registered
497 Posts
But the real question is ..."is it an ugly piece of S...?":poke:

There's a cruise nigfht not far here sponsored by the local fire dept. During the show the local cop will cruise up and down the aisles checking the cars. When the cars leave he's waiting at the exit and pulls over about 18-20 cars for exhaust, lights, missing hoods, etc....
now, i'm not the smartest guy around, but that sounds like entrapment to me.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Yeah it's nuts! They do 50/50's and other fund raisers for the FD and this guy's ruining the whole thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Randy, Amen,.. been there, done that. No reason to even comment on his ride, whether he likes it or not. Just the facts,. explain he simply committed a violation, or he didn't. He probably needs sensitivity training, better people skills & proper etiquette. Put him on desk duty filing & typing forms, and keep him away from the phone. - George

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bobby, That sounds like your State guys out of Westchester,.. I understand they're under the hammer for summons production (budget cuts / no State revenue) , or some local politician complained about the noise. - George :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts