El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In honor of 11° weather tomorrow morning here in Georgia.... :lol:

70° Fahrenheit (21° C)
Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.
Canadians go swimming in the rivers.

60° Fahrenheit (15° C)
North Carolinians try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
Italian cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)
American water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
Mt.St. Helens freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
Hell freezes over.
The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

·
Registered
47 Posts
very clever! A+

:wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
heh heh, this is a good one! as a canadian we get frustrated if we can't make beer slushies when the keg freezes up. just a small correction to note. the rest sounds about right though :-D .

Did someone say Toronto is #1 in the east so far?

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Notice the original post date? Glad someone broke this one out again! I'll have to make it an annual post. Gawd, I hate winter and short days!

·
Registered
601 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: great post :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
highwaysignpost said:
heh heh, this is a good one! as a canadian we get frustrated if we can't make beer slushies when the keg freezes up. just a small correction to note. the rest sounds about right though :-D .
:-D Don't forget those of us who live on the West Coast - we're enjoying nicer weather, here on Vancouver Island, than the Southern States (almost!), and it's only days before Christmas!

I moved here from Southern Ontario in 1982, and haven't looked back at the White Wonderland. I miss some things from there, but DEFINATELY NOT THE SNOW!! :p

·
Registered
492 Posts
70° Fahrenheit (21° C)
Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.
that is a little off, you put on the long johns at 60, at 70 you just put on your biggest coat, and gripe about the un-naturally cold weather

·
Registered
272 Posts
I guess it's all relative up here. I remember how West Costers complain when it gets jsut below zero :eek:

BTW Turtle, how many elkys in your neck of the woods?

·
1,867 Posts
Dang, Makes me colder just thinking about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
highwaysignpost said:
I guess it's all relative up here. I remember how West Costers complain when it gets jsut below zero :eek:

BTW Turtle, how many elkys in your neck of the woods?
I see a lot of nice ones here - I guess it's because we don't have a lot of salt on our roads. There's the odd beater (like mine! LOL), but most are quite nice. I haven't had much luck in chatting with any owners I've met - most are a bit stand-off'ish (this IS Victoria, you know! :lol: LOL).

I've made up business cards promoting NECOA, but haven't heard from anyone I've given them to.

I've met a few nice Elky owners, but none of them are interested in joining a group (either because they're computer illiterate, or because they're just not interested in anything more than driving their babies.)

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
272 Posts
So far, I've managed to find 8-10 daily drivers like myself. most in various stages of restoration. a couple of those seem near mint. I'm curious to see what the summer brings out. I also know of others around Red Deer and the small towns on the way there. Do you figure you'll head to the car show in Langly this year? I'll try and find the details again. one of the washington members told me about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure where I'll get to this summer. The only thing I know for sure is that I'll be at the Vancouver Molson's Indy (last weekend in July.) Other than that, I plan on being "footloose and fancy free" for the summer.

After the Indy, I'll head across Canada - headed for visiting with family & friends across the country - ending up in the Niagara Region (where most of my family lives.)

When the weather gets chilly, I'll head south to Florida (more friends & family), then over to Mardi Gras in February. A return home up the west coast, with a stop (for yet more family & friends) in Missoula, Montana. I'm going to be happy to get home again! :lol:

I've wanted to drive across Canada (and to attend Mardi Gras) for what seems like forever. I decided I'd better do it while I can still afford the gas :cry: Once I made that decision, the rest just fell into place. Now I'm going to embark on a "Continental Tour" 8) My only regret is that my Elky won't be in any shape to make the trip with me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Should be a fun adventure tho... :-D

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TURTLE said:
When the weather gets chilly, I'll head south to Florida (more friends & family).
If your between the Niagara Region and Florida and you need a clean bed to sleep in for a night...give me a call. Sounds like a fun trip, long, but fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts