El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered some parts from the parts place two months ago when i still had a substancial amount of money in my checking account. it wasn't a huge order, just the inner and outer window sweeps. it's really the only site where i found both, so i ordered them. fast forward two months. the amount of money has dwindled in my bank account due to getting things set up for a wedding, and parts for my el camino. two months go by and i've not heard anything from the parts place. two days before payday (wednesday) the parts place finally processes my order, with a whopping two dollars in my bank account. needless to say, my account is now overdrawn substancially. thankfully, the fiance is able to give me a bailout.

anyone else out there had this type of situation happen to them with this company? not the overdraft issue, the two month wait for the order to get processed. i'd like to think it was just an error, but it makes me very wary about ordering from them again. i've sent them an email nicely asking why it took two months to process it. hopefully, i'll hear something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Two Months since your original order? I'm assuming you used a debit card? I believe the CC processors (debit cards included) have a 30 day max window for open transactions. Usually the business 'hits' your card for a 'check' on funds to see if you have enough to cover the charge, without actually taking the $$$. Once the order is processed, they take the $$$. If they can't fulfill the order within 30 days, they need to cancel the order. Now, that may not be how The Parts Place does things but it won't hurt to contact them and ask how they usually handle back ordered items (that's what this sounds like) and what amount of time has to pass before they cancel an order. Best case, let them know exactly what happened and that you're concerned about ordering anything from them again, and that your posting the results of how this pans out on this forum for ALL to see ;-)

Good luck!

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
I don't see how this is their fault. Deduct what you spent from your balance and that's how much money you have left to spend. Simple enough. It's the same when you mail someone a check. You need to consider it gone when you write it. Doesn't matter if they take a year to cash it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see how this is their fault. Deduct what you spent from your balance and that's how much money you have left to spend. Simple enough. It's the same when you mail someone a check. You need to consider it gone when you write it. Doesn't matter if they take a year to cash it.
i'm not saying the overdraft is their fault. i'm clearly at fault for the overdraft, due to my terrible book keeping. the issue is that it took two months to process the order, regardless of how much was in my checking account. it's just a really long time to wait for parts, in my opinion.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they actually responded rather quickly and apologized for the delay. apparently, the items i ordered were on back order. i can understand that issue popping up, as most restoration parts aren't in high demand, but a nice heads up would have been helpful. the fact that they responded rather quickly to my email does put my mind at ease a bit though.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Whats the name of the parts place? Just in case i want ot order from them?:nanawrench::texas:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
That's because they can't legally charge your account until the items are ready to ship. Some unscroupulous places charge you the day you order and don't ship it for weeks or months while they wait for it to come in.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they did send me an email yesterday later in the day apologizing for the mixup. they said they absolutely should have emailed me and told me the items were on back order. they also said the issue would be addressed and that will happen in the future. this has definitely helped in restoring their credibility in my eyes.

jarhead, the website is thepartsplaceinc.com
they have quite a few parts that i haven't seen on other websites. they also seem to have quite a bit for 4th gens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts