El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this style not his setup. Pep Boys has these rim's at the store by me on clearance 15x7 $69.00 ea The brand is Proline MA1097 but I can't fine Proline wheels online. Anybody know if this brand is junk? The ones below aren't proline but look the exact same style and finish.:dontknow::dontknow:

NEED GILBY TO SWAP THEM ON MY TRUCK!!!:nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look a little like Centerlines, I like em!!!
Donny
Exactly but who is proline I can't find the online anywhere not even e-bay. I like the price $68.00 set of new rim's for under $300.00 ? if I knew they were good I would pick them up. They look good when I went to the store but when I go to balance them I don't want 10lbs of lead stuck to the inside.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
DON'T DO IT!!!!! Keep the irocs.a elco without irocs is like,peanut butter and no jam!,koolaid no sugar! Come on now,you being from the el camino mecca(los angeles:nanawrench:)id think you'd know better:???:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll buy your irocs if you get new wheels I love the way irocs look
I'm going to keep them two of them the chrome is fading and it's time for 18 inch tires. It will be cheaper to buy all new 15in rims & tires than 2 18in rims and 4 tires

·
Registered
132 Posts
DON'T DO IT!!!!! Keep the irocs.a elco without irocs is like,peanut butter and no jam!,koolaid no sugar! Come on now,you being from the el camino mecca(los angeles:nanawrench:)id think you'd know better:???:
If he likes the centerline look, then let him put those on... better than putting gay a** 20" rims under an elky... Centerlines give elky's that nice muscle car look...:poke:

As far as the brand, they are a centerline style, just a no name brand.. So all in all same but different..lol

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Just knock the the GN owner in the noggin and take his wheels! Next problem? Glad to be of service..

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
If he likes the centerline look, then let him put those on... better than putting gay a** 20" rims under an elky... Centerlines give elky's that nice muscle car look...:poke:

Ah hmmmm...:poke:I take offense to that comment! My Elky looks amazing with 20"s on it!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Can I get one rib for a buck.:secret:

They only come in 16 inch I'm going for the ride. 18's are cool but a little bumpy on the ride. I love my iroc's there sharp:beer:

I can buy a new setup cheaper than new tires and two new 18 irocs. My extra bedroom looks like a parts shop whats another set of wheels. If I want to roll 1/2 hr and I'm back on 18's polished and ready to go.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Ah hmmmm...:poke:I take offense to that comment! My Elky looks amazing with 20"s on it!

[URL]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee256/terrymcmom/th_My78ElCamino-Feb142012.jpg[/URL]
meant no disrepect... If you like that look... thats your decision... I am not one to jeopardize my tranny to put that unnecessary size rim on my car... I love her too much to mistreat her like that... plus with gas prices, I want to keep it as close to 20mpg's as I can...lol

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
meant no disrepect... If you like that look... thats your decision... I am not one to jeopardize my tranny to put that unnecessary size rim on my car... I love her too much to mistreat her like that... plus with gas prices, I want to keep it as close to 20mpg's as I can...lol
I was just yankin' your chain 83ElkySS. I get comments quite often about my 20"s and to be perfectly honest, I like the looks of them, but agree they do wreak havoc on the suspension and front brakes. (haven't ever noticed any problems with them and my tranny at all though.) I'm actually planning to downsize and go with a set of 16"s as soon as I can afford to, and just keep my 20"s for shows.

BTW Robert---I like BOTH looks. I'd buy the new set and since you have a parts room in your house, just keep your 18"s for special occasions or just to change things up from time to time. JMO

·
0 Posts
I kinda like the centerline looking rims but it all depends on what type of tire they're on. Centerlines are perfect on a nice wide bfg.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
"ProLine" is Pepboys house brand. Don't know who makes them but probably an import. Then again what isn"t? They sell proline oil, filters, etc. Kind of like Summit branded stuff. You know they don't "make" them.

·
0 Posts
Hey Robert,you know I'll take those Irocs off your hands since I planned on coating them. 18's are the biggest I would go but it's hard to find them since everyone has at least 20's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts