El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tryIng to get some money together to paint my ole baby just curious how many quarts should it be approximately. Just started working for a paint mfg company "Color Rite / Express Paints" the make OEM paints...and since im recently employeed with them im sure i could pay them to mix me up some awesome color....Come to think of it whoever is in charge of this NECOA thing should hit them up maybe we can get discounts I know a certain mustang forum has a coupon code with us. Thanx guys

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
i was told 2 quarts of primer and a gallon for the color change. that should be enough to jamb it and 3 coats of single stage the bed will not be painted. I am hoping it will be painted in the next few weeks so i can give you a more accurate amount then

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
I'm going to use base-coat/clear coat. If I didn't already have the base coat & some clear, I would not bother with it. I'm not that fussy for a daily driver anyway. Just a lot of work wet sanding & polishing out the clear coat.
Single stage is the way to go I think....a gallon of single stage is more than enough for a car.
My friend, who painted the base/clear on my Malibu, just got an award for the best paint job, on his kid's '69 Camaro, at a local car show. He was surprised !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts