El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not I'm thinking about selling my " Saturday Nite Special " Green Machine .... I'm looking at two Camino's one is a 1972 red / black black interior , 350 engine / tranny with about 86,000 actual miles & the other is a Silver 1981 , red interior with a re-built 454 BIG BLOCK & re-built Turbo 400 with about 4,000 miles on the rebuild , 3:73 posi rear end ... going to look at next week sometime .... time will tell ... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Believe it or not I'm thinking about selling my " Saturday Nite Special " Green Machine .... I'm looking at two Camino's one is a 1972 red / black black interior , 350 engine / tranny with about 86,000 actual miles & the other is a Silver 1981 , red interior with a re-built 454 BIG BLOCK & re-built Turbo 400 with about 4,000 miles on the rebuild , 3:73 posi rear end ... going to look at next week sometime .... time will tell ... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench:
Go with the 72!! Go with the 72!! You do NOT want a big block! :poke:
I would kill for the 454 IN the 72--just buy both and swap 'em out!! ahh perfection!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Thats my thoughts also.

Buy both, swap the big block and sell the newer one.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats fine & Dandy , but I'm only asking $6000 for my car and each car is $6000 ... I got my car parked in front of the house for right now with a BIG FOR SALE sign and so far I have had four people come by the house last Sat. and one guy who works on oil rigs was very interested , he asked IF he bought my car if it were possible to take the lettering " Saturday Nite Special " off the fender and tail-gate he didn't like it :dontknow: :dontknow: he said he would be back :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: so we'll see ... I'll be putting the ad in Craig's List soon .... Nice ideas but not enuf $$$$$$ and Mrs. Geezer would NOT LIKE a bunch of Camino's parked out front like a Donnie's Done Deal Car Lot ... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Is the silver one the one that's been on Craigslist for several weeks? It does't look too bad. I'm partial to the '72 and older cars though.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
The '72: What tranny is it? And 86k miles might need to be rebuilt. That's a 3rd gen, right?? I'm still not all that familiar with all the breaks in the gen process.:dontknow: I like the color scheme, but also like the silver (wunder why??).

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Mr Old Geezer SIR, go with the 3rd gen, 'course I'm partial.:inlove:
Run the mouse till you save your nickles and dimes then get a real motor. A Big Block.
Once you go RAT you'll never go back.:nanawrench::nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Thats fine & Dandy , but I'm only asking $6000 for my car and each car is $6000 ... I got my car parked in front of the house for right now with a BIG FOR SALE sign and so far I have had four people come by the house last Sat. and one guy who works on oil rigs was very interested , he asked IF he bought my car if it were possible to take the lettering " Saturday Nite Special " off the fender and tail-gate he didn't like it :dontknow: :dontknow: he said he would be back :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: so we'll see ... I'll be putting the ad in Craig's List soon .... Nice ideas but not enuf $$$$$$ and Mrs. Geezer would NOT LIKE a bunch of Camino's parked out front like a Donnie's Done Deal Car Lot ... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench: :nanawrench:
I bought and sold the 85 for you to get the one in Forney, do I need to buy that one too!!
And yea everyone ask if (A Olde But A Goody) would come off, I said nope it's a tramp stamp, there to stay!!!
Good luck Richard!
Donny

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Need to get hold of my bodyshop guys if you want that lettering removed.
Pretty sure they can let you know what needs to be done

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Bryan , I don't need the lettering taken off , IF I don't sell the Green Machine I wanted to get an estimate on the tail-gate , remember ??? The guy who came out Sat. to see my car DID NOT LIKE THE LETTERING and he would take it off IF he bought my car ...... And Brother Done Deal Donald , I am still buying the 79 up in Forney with payments worked out with the owner & he's OK with that PLUS he offered to trailer it down to my door step with help with gas money , what a deal :poke: AND Mr. Donnie , I have a set of Vorteck Fast Burn heads ( valv job done ) , a roller cam , roller tip rocker arms and roller lifters a friend has holding for me for me thats going in my SLEEPER 1979 Elky :secret: :secret: AND I plan on keeping these cars :inlove: till death due us part :beer: .... I just happen to see that PURDY SILVER 1981 with a BIG BLOCK 454 and thought HMMM , that would be a very interesting car to check out and maybe buy " IF " I sell my Green Machine in time ... I already spoke with the owner of the silver car and I plan on riding out hopefully this coming Saturday morning to go look and drive the " BIG RAT " around town to see what all the HUB -HUB is about driving a " BIG RAT " .... Here Kitty - Kitty :beer: .... I don't care to be left behind at the " Christmas Tree " anymore I wanna keep up with the Big Dogs :beer: .... Sooooo Sports Fans , I have been doing my home work , only time will tell , wish me luck .... The Geezer has Spoken :nanawrench::beer: :nanawrench:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Beep - Beep Beepster , the 1972 has the red / black Super Sport stripes on the hood , it has a 350 engine & turbo 350 , the guy advertises it that it has about 86,000 actual miles ... its in the Craigs List in Dallas , down at the bottom .... I gotta sell my " Green Machine " first before I can even think about another car , RIGHT Beepster :dontknow: ???? So time will tell .... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Hey Bryan , I don't need the lettering taken off , IF I don't sell the Green Machine I wanted to get an estimate on the tail-gate , remember ??? The guy who came out Sat. to see my car DID NOT LIKE THE LETTERING and he would take it off IF he bought my car ...... And Brother Done Deal Donald , I am still buying the 79 up in Forney with payments worked out with the owner & he's OK with that PLUS he offered to trailer it down to my door step with help with gas money , what a deal :poke: AND Mr. Donnie , I have a set of Vorteck Fast Burn heads ( valv job done ) , a roller cam , roller tip rocker arms and roller lifters a friend has holding for me for me thats going in my SLEEPER 1979 Elky :secret: :secret: AND I plan on keeping these cars :inlove: till death due us part :beer: .... I just happen to see that PURDY SILVER 1981 with a BIG BLOCK 454 and thought HMMM , that would be a very interesting car to check out and maybe buy " IF " I sell my Green Machine in time ... I already spoke with the owner of the silver car and I plan on riding out hopefully this coming Saturday morning to go look and drive the " BIG RAT " around town to see what all the HUB -HUB is about driving a " BIG RAT " .... Here Kitty - Kitty :beer: .... I don't care to be left behind at the " Christmas Tree " anymore I wanna keep up with the Big Dogs :beer: .... Sooooo Sports Fans , I have been doing my home work , only time will tell , wish me luck .... The Geezer has Spoken :nanawrench::beer: :nanawrench:
UT OH!! Another one has been bitten by the race bug!! :inlove:
I guess MISTER OLD GEEZER SIR didn't like getting spanked by an old lady?!!:poke: We'll all be ready for some big changes by next May!! :secret:
See you and my partner in crime, (Lisa) real soon!!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Geez - Iffin' I ever got anutter Camino, it wud be a '79 SS wit a 400+ (409/454) enjun. Dat ain't too likely, tho. The '79 was the last one I had ridden in, back in AF daze, and they belonged to the U-2/SR-71 programs. They were wunderous beests, ta say da leest!!!!!!:poke:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Hubba - Hubba Ms. Terry , saying Mr. ain't that hard is it , it just comes out Sooooo Smoooooth ... now the other day YOU SAID , Mr. Old Fart Old Geezer , now that sounds very poetic and very respectful !!!! :You_Rock: .... Thank you YOUNG LADY for your Respect , my Little Partner in Crime :poke: and thats Mr. Old Fart Old Geezer or just EL FARTISIMO ... I ain't gonna say anymore about any changes , I don't want to let the " RAT OUT " .... Thanks the Geezer has spoken :nanawrench: :beer: :nanawrench:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts