El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Apparently, this was a decision most people aren't aware of. The media forgot. Of course it's OK to lie. :rolleyes: The people who run this country are liars, criminals, and thieves, so is the mainstream media, so why shouldn't they be allowed to misrepresent their military service?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I agree.. I went to church with a fella and heard a lot of talk about him being a SEAL in Vietnam. He had scars on his back from where he said he was shot on one of their missions. He didn't strike me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer so I started asking a few questions every time I saw him. I got enough info that I contacted the VeriSEAL.com website. They confirmed my suspicions. He was an imposter. He was a cook in the army in Nam. I told him what I found out about him and he and his family quit the church and moved to another state within 2 weeks. My time in the Marines was uneventful to say the least. I do know enough real Seals to know that they do not brag of what they did. Most won't even talk about it. To those that have heard a shot fired in anger, thank you for your service. You earned those ribbons and medals, wear them with honor. I will always be on the lookout for stolen Valor..:texas:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Apparently, this was a decision most people aren't aware of. The media forgot. Of course it's OK to lie. :rolleyes: The people who run this country are liars, criminals, and thieves, so is the mainstream media, so why shouldn't they be allowed to misrepresent their military service?
The supreme court justices are corrupt activists.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I read a few days ago someone found a post on craigslist asking for money donations to help a "wounded vet who lost his legs in war". The thing was, the person who saw the post was a close friend who attended that veterans funeral a few years ago. He called the parents of the deceased vet to alert them. The post was eventually taken down.

It is a shame that is not illegal. The person who posted that scam is beyond the scum of the universe and doesn't deserve to circulate in the general population.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lies are now protected speech under the First Amendment according to the US Supreme Court. So, anything the government or candidates say ... you can ignore it. If they're lying, it's protected speech, but if you lie to them, boy, are you in trouble. :eek2:

Lies by a candidate, or the media is protected free speech even if you know they're lies, and knowing this, which liar will you be voting for? I would bet you $100 to a donut that when the founding fathers wrote the First Amendment, they weren't thinking about protecting lies and liars. I'm sure it was meant for the purpose of the people to be able to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. What has happened to America? Who is responsible for this radical change in our belief system?

·
Registered
358 Posts
OK,.. so it's your Constitional Right to lie and make up stories in order to receive an official Medal of Honor? How disgusting, everything is now protected by Free Speech. :???:
Our Members of the Service who actually received Medals and Distinction of Honor are the real Heros and should be applauded. My 2¢ anyway - George

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
"Judge a nation by which heros it honors". Ronaldus Magnus

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a couple of sites out there that dealt with this. stolenvalor.com and I think reportstolenvalor.com
There was a guy who was wearing 4 purple heart ribbons, if that's not a giveaway I don't know what is.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Score for this week: Supreme Court 2, people of the United States 0.
Its 3-0 brother. Don't forget about Arizona getting the shaft. The court said that Arizona can't defend their borders because the court said "That's the job of the federal government, and we aren't gonna do it either" . So get ready for an influx of illegals from all over the world, to bust the gates wide open.

·
Registered
589 Posts
When you put it all together, the same Americans who came up on the ****end of the stick this week have been losing it all for the past 35 years, with no end in sight. Only wishful thinkers don't understand where this country is and has been heading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts