El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
thats awesome! being as young and cough(numb-skulled)cough as i am.... id love to drive that. I think that would be so much fun to drive through town and pull up next to everyone with their lil imports so they can get beat by a volvo!!!! hahahahaha!!!! man that would be sweet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this isn't a waste of an engine! Not only does this guy put in an awesome engine, he also beefs up the rest of the drive train so it will take the abuse. Usually when i see these conversions its some guy putting a 350 in a car with stock parts thats made to only take a weak V6.

The best part of this is that the car looks stock as hell, and could you imagine what it would be like if you put an electronic controlled cutout on it and pulled up next to some guy in a 1st gen camaro and opened the cutouts.

I'd bid on it too if i lived close enough. if you ended up not liking it, you still have an engine/ tranny that cost well over 4000 new

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is actually pretty cool. 8)

·
Registered
481 Posts
imagine having to tell your friends that you got smoked by a volvo driving soccer mom. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
105 Posts
And the little suction-cup 'Baby on Board' or 'Tiny Toons' sunshades on the back door windows... :lol:

Seriously, while it is badly lacking in the style department, it would be fun to have at times.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very Nice.There was a guy on LI,NY called the Volvo Man.He used to do Ford 302 conversions and they were very nice.I,myself helped do a couple of 302 Fords into Volvo wagons.We used the stock Volvo posi rearend and never had a problem.Properly set up Volvos handle VERY good and there is a lot of goodies from Volvo,because they use them for Rally racing.I had a early 240 GLX that I put a 2.1 liter stage 9 ralley engine into(from Volvo racing).Forth gear topped out at 128mph,but then I shifted overdrive.Man was that car FUN :D
8) Shane

1 - 14 of 14 Posts