El Camino Central Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Hello folks,

The question on how to include photos in posts comes up all the time. Here's how you do it....

First of all, your photograph needs to be already hosted on a web site somewhere. What I mean is that it must be able to be seen by web surfers by typing in the URL (Universal Resource Locator), commonly known as the internet address. For example, the URL of this smiley face :D is

http://elcaminocentral.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

The key here is that we do not "embed" graphics into our posts, we link to existing graphics, and "display" them in our posts.

So the first step is to upload your graphics to the web. If you have your own web space (like geocities) you are all set.

Okay, so let's say you have a graphic uploaded somewhere, now what? Well, when you are typing a post, there are a series of icons, directly above the box you are typing in. These are all your formatting controls. One of the boxes looks like a photograph -->

When you click on the icon, a dialog box will open and prompt you to type in the URL of the graphic you wish to display. All you have to do is type it in!

If you are wondering how I am able to include a photograph at the bottom of all of my posts, all I did was go to my account settings, and in the signature settings, simply entered in the proper code.

You will also see an icon for a
link. By clicking on this, you can create a link for readers, like this one.

One word of caution on graphic sizes... try to keep the overall size of your graphics to something that will easily fit within the width of the screen. When including photos in my posts, I try to keep them 400 pixels wide, or less. Most paint or graphics programs will allow you to resize your photos before uploading them to the web.

Please contact 87next2last1 for additional information...........................Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.