El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home and settled in for the night from going and picking up our 15 year old sons new 82 El Camino.
We bought it from jpmdaddy--what a great guy! Thanks John!!
We made it all the way home from north of Dallas, to Waco with not a single problem!
It's going to be a great 1st car for our son-Hayden--his ECC screen name is "ThisKid".
He took it for a spin around the block as soon as we got home, and he LOVES it!! The poor kid's face is going to be sore from smiling so much tonight. He is now in his Elky, out in the driveway---says he's sleeping in it!!! LOL!!
Here's a few pics of the first moments of him getting his very first El Camino!

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's taking it to Belton. His very first El Camino event-with his own Elky! I'm loving seeing him so happy about it!

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Very cool, I was about 15 when I got my 1st Elky.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Out of all the El Camino's I've bought and sold, none of them have made me smile like seeing the grin on your son!!!!:nanawrench:
Congrats to you and him!!:beer:
Great job JPMdaddy, all that hard work looks like it was worth it!!!!!:You_Rock:
Donny

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's it you guys are always saying? No pics it didn't happen?
Here's the picture of Hayden sleeping in his new Elky!

He's just so excited about it!! He was outside taking pictures of it as soon as it got daylight this morning.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Thank you for the grins you've put on my face this morning from reading such a feel good story!!!! No better way to start the day. Makes me think back to when my boys were that age and having interest in cars (25 & 30 years ago!).
Hey dad,:You_Rock:

Doug

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
What a great story....:You_Rock:
csnt wait to see him and his new elky....
Cheers woody out :secret:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I have had mine for 23 years and I still sleep on the bench seat when fishing. It's better than sleeping in the tent. I g:inlove:uess I'm still in love with it. I just hope my granddaughter feels the same when I give it to her in about another sixteen years.

I have seen that smile before it doesn't wear off. that truck will be spotless all the time rain or shine.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
as a parent you gota love the look on his face. worth every penny you paid just to see him smile like that.good luck,enjoy and above all be careful

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

Terry, you're raising that young man right. Congrats to you both!:You_Rock:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ahhh... reminds me of when I brought my El Camino home at age 14 lol. I didnt sleep in it but I was also grinin from ear to ear on that 20 mile trip home lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
I remember when I attempted to bring mine home for the first time it over heated, it leaked oil from the cracked holly aluminum valve cover leaked tranny fluid from the dipstick n break fluid from the rear lines. It was brought to my uncles house for about a week. But when I did get it home the neighborhood didnt sleep.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Here's my first, and where the life-long addiction began:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is this the same son whom had the rice rocket at the 1st belton fest ? :beer:
NO! Not the same son! I'm very happy this one appreciates the classics! My older son still hasn't come to his senses! LOL (still driving the ricers-or more like trying to keep it running from one day to the next) :???:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts