El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came into work at the public auto auction and saw this going up in the block. 1940 Ford body and bed but on a S-10 frame and engine with the gauge cluster. I’ve never seen anything like this. Beautifully done and solid. Reserve is at 20k. It’ll be interesting to see what high bid is.
Font Material property Paper Document Paper product

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
End result was the high bid was $16,500. No sale. I have to admit that it was a stroke of genius to combine a '40 with an S-10. The truck looked just as nice up close than it does in the pics. This wasn't the first classic to come through this public auction house. One auction a couple of years ago saw four survivor F Series trucks at the same time. They were three from the '70s and one the '50s. All were in amazing original shape and running & driving. They went reasonably. It always amazes me when I see classics going through such a public auction geared at selling cars that dealers don't want on their lots or charity cars mainly along with the ones that people just want gone at any price. If anyone ever is curious on what they have for sale retail or at scheduled auctions, www.422sales.com. They also have the market cornered in this part of the country on used school bus sales and auctions. I've seen some really nice classics go through the line like a '68 Mercury Park Lane convertible which I stood there drooling over. It was that nice. This is the same auction house that is selling the '83 Elco I posted in the "Cars for sale" area here on their retail lot. The owner is smart going down to Virginia to pick up rust free cars to sell and some go through the auction line. Once, I happened to be on site when a transporter brought up a load of cars and there was a '95 Grand Cherokee on top that was completely and totally rust free. It sold pretty quickly. He prices them fairly reasonable at our market prices minus a bit as most of them on the lot need some minor stuff done to them but all the major things get fixed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We had a car show a couple of weeks ago with several hundred cars. The cops kept a very low profile and a lot of hot rods showed their stuff. One car owner said his car was his third and he told the sad truth, right in front of my wife, that he’d bought them all at 50 cents on the dollar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts