El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking online but couldn't find exhaust manifolds at Rock auto but I did find out that their in the surplus parts biz. and that's fine I buy new elect. surplus every chance I can. Buy for .10c on the dollar and sell at full price with the factory warranty. But here's what I did my truck is still gone till next week and Rich let me use these to check if the dipstick would work on my new 350. I think I'm only going to need new bolts and gaskets now. I will paint these black but would you paint the alumn. pipes also?

SHOULD I USE POR-15?

:nanawrench::nanawrench::beer:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
how did you get the oil pan on there backwards?

:dontknow: :texas:

·
Registered
578 Posts
The manifolds are reversed...not the oil pan.:poke:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi HKDUP87,
I'm sure that you got those for a good price, but I'd tell you I've got the Edelbrock TEC headers; they fit/work just fine especially on our Ca. emmision cars and I'm sure they'll give you just a tad more uumph!! If'n you considered headers that is..
I'm wondering if you are going to leave those current valve covers on?? That big stamp saying 350 is a large mark for an emissions guy to overlook. Good luck with that. Otherwise that engine looks good!! Greg

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
he is in cali:poke:. Oh Hkdup, i saw a t-bucket with longtube headers, and it was formatted with emissions! even on the headers!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant get nothing past you:poke: I was just seeing what it would look like and had the camera out side so I snapped a picture. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you how I took the rust o9ff . It looks like I'm going to black out the engine with orange dist. and spark plug wires should look good when I'm done.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi HKDUP87,
I'm sure that you got those for a good price, but I'd tell you I've got the Edelbrock TEC headers; they fit/work just fine especially on our Ca. emmision cars and I'm sure they'll give you just a tad more uumph!! If'n you considered headers that is..
I'm wondering if you are going to leave those current valve covers on?? That big stamp saying 350 is a large mark for an emissions guy to overlook. Good luck with that. Otherwise that engine looks good!! Greg

True free not a bad price and the Edelbrock Performance intake manifold was $26.00 . O.K. I will bite what the heck by the time I'm done I'm going to have to put in a new tranny. Do the headers line up with no modifications to my exhaust system already in place 1987 305 Calif. smog AND COISIDERED TO BE A COMMERCIAL VEHICAL HERE SO MO MONEY TO REGISTER.
What's the part number I should look at so I can take a look?:beer:
Thanks
Robert

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Headers will not just fit into your exhaust system without modifications at the collectors to your existing factory set-up. :beer:
Good I really don't need them for:beer: my daily driving.

·
Supporting Member
4,477 Posts
TES headers will have a Y pipe that will tie into your existing cat and exhaust.

·
0 Posts
Hi HKDUP87,
So you guys have to hide the fact you have a 350 out there?:dontknow:
Really?
Did you also notice a Texan was the first to tell you the correct position of that manifold? I guess us hot rodders know our stuff. Jus Sayin....

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you guys have to hide the fact you have a 350 out there?:dontknow:
Really?
Did you also notice a Texan was the first to tell you the correct position of that manifold? I guess us hot rodders know our stuff. Jus Sayin....
Got a question ask a Texan but every time I do my motor increases by 50hp or more. I'm almost over what my tranny will handle.:texas::texas::texas:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
A Texan with a tall tale?? no way:poke:make sure you peel that 350 sticker off:poke:
as far as hedders forget it , pita and i know you dont want to mess with collector gaskets and such
i would run a crossflow FLOWMASTER muffler in original location, i run one on my 83 g body wagon, nice rumble not too loud plus a few extra hp, just a idea, good luck homie:You_Rock::beer:
p.s. you can judge a good engine swap by counting the empty:beer:ask minoridertim:beer:

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I sure glad that up north we dont have to worry about runnig anything we want under the hood or having are toys checked

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I sure glad that up north we dont have to worry about runnig anything we want under the hood or having are toys checked
True but we have salt to worry about,, I pulled a bumper from a 63 nova once in AZ,, "wheres the torch I asked?" well it popped right off without PB Blaster,, never happen in the salt belt,, salt sucks,,,, Matty man

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True but we have salt to worry about,, I pulled a bumper from a 63 nova once in AZ,, "wheres the torch I asked?" well it popped right off without PB Blaster,, never happen in the salt belt,, salt sucks,,,, Matty man
Your not kidding salt that was a daily thing driving right behind them in Montana. They only have one HWY. 2 In and out of town for as far as I would go for even three days. I wasn't living there long enough to cause permanent damage to my truck it only hit the dry hwy. up there.:beer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts