El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt my LT1 that I had installed in my '81 El Camino and I am trying to clean up the engine compartment. I fully admit that the first time around install was messy and some what jerry rigged but it ran and was a ton of fun.

So now I am trying to figure out how to eliminate my TCS and cruise control cables (box and cable s were kept in 1st install but how messy. I don't want cruise control, I just want a straight cable up to the throttle body from my gas peddle in the cab. Can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks
krok

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I used a stock cable from a 90's pick up worked great. had to put a small cut into the peddle so the cable could slide in on my 72. I found this information on here, someone did this to their late model camino with success so I gave it a try and it worked. bought the cable new from the parts store it was around $35.00 hope this helps you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have confirmation this can work on a 1981 Elky? Part number of link to cable part would be great also. I was planning on ordering online and don't want get the wrong part. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
There's a recent previous tpi thread where CCC posted cable info.
Also you have the option of cutting a longer cable inside & outside separately to length wanted & using a universal throttle cable end.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TPI cable work on LT1?

I finally found this thread and another related to it where someone confirms that the 88-95 Chevy PU cable works for the TPI install but I am wondering it it works the same for the LT1 install. I have used the search several times but cant seem to dig anything up. Please help so I can get this part ordered :)

Thanks again
Krok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts