El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people ; I'm going to buy a steering wheel column for a 84 elky and I want to know if the one from Monte Carlo fit perfect in the elky.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pending on what year monte. It will bolt right in. If its a G-body Monte it will bolt right in.

·
Registered
852 Posts
basically anything G-body will fit, the only differences were in certain years some had the windshield wipers on the turn signal arm and others had it on the dash. i think 82 or 83 started the wiper controlls on the signal switch

tilt columns out of the full size chevy pickups in the late 70s to late 80s were the same for the most part, the only difference was the bracket that bolts it to the floor but the trucks from the late 70s had a dimmer switch int he floor till the mid 80s or so, all G-body columns had em on the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
your 84 is a g body any g body will fit the big differance is in the wiper switch .84 had the switch on the turn lever and are three set ups .standard wiper, pulse /delay wiper,and cruise control.any from 82 to88 will work but you may need to transfer some stuff to make everything operate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts