El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally snowing . Gotta get to work so I'm putting on the studded tires. Been doing it since 79 and the ol' Elky has always got me there. Posted a pic in my gallary ( got about 4 more inches after pic was taken). Made it home last night , Elky did fine but fell on my ass getting out. Solid ice. Sometimes swing shift kinda sucks. :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know how that snow weather goes. Last thursday I was down in Albany, Oregon visiting a friend in my GMC. Ended up getting 8 inches of snow down there. Talk about an interesting drive. Start 'er up, once warmed put her in drive and didn't move at all, just sat spinning the tires. I guess 500+ft-lbs of torque does have a disadvantage. I just went to the local Les Schwabs and got 4 studded tires and chains put on a set of 82-92 Z28 rims I had laying around. Total cost: $481. I do a lot of driving on back roads to and from work, about 500 miles a week.

Charles

·
Registered
636 Posts
They'd nail my hide to the courthouse wall if they caught me runnin' studs here! :lol: LUCKILY...don't "need" them very often, but sure would be nice on those few days when we DO need'm!!

But just out of curiosity...where can you even BUY studded tires now???

·
1,867 Posts
I am so glad we only have to deal with snow once or twice a year!

·
Registered
314 Posts
u live in WA and finally got snow? we've gotten about 5" here in the past 24 hours

·
Registered
29 Posts
I grew up in Michigan, but now live in Georga. I miss the snow. A big empty parking lot can be a lot of fun after a fresh snow if you have a big rear-wheel-drive car!

For some reason I don't miss the shoveling part......

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
87SS said:
Elky85 said:
u live in WA and finally got snow? we've gotten about 5" here in the past 24 hours
Oh man! And it was only 70 here today! :p
Yeah, and we're supposed to get down to 1 degree (Fahrenheit) tonight. Lived in Ellensburg waaaaay back when it got down to minus 33. Now that's a bitch.

Dan

·
Registered
314 Posts
i think we got to about -15 the other night, u know its cold when your nostrils freeze from breathing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts