El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just given a very nice set of the old Western Cyclone wheels. Would really like to put them on my '79 Camino but they are all 15 x 8.5 with 4in. back spacing. Would these be to wide for the front? Lowered about 1in. with new Moog S-10 springs. Anybody ran 8.5s on front and suggestions on tire size welcome. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are some very rare wheels, I have a set of 15x8.5 wheels that are found on the General Lee Charger. I recommend P235 60 series in front and rear. They won't rub when turning sharp and they look great. :nanawrench:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you test fitted one of the wheels yet? The 4" backspace might be too tight IMHO. Spacers?

Were you looking for low pro? Standard sidewall height? Check out a 245 60 15 or perhaps a 255 60 15

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably going to use 246/60 on rear. Just didnt want something on front that looked to spread out. Not really going for any look just wondering what might work. Thanks

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,592 Posts
4" BS and 8.5 width will fit just fine, but you'll have a challenge with tire size, especially considering you're lowered. You can read my sticky in the wheels / tires subforum for details. I have 8" Rallys with 4" BS, 235/60 front tires and I rub slightly on the inner fenders about 2" inside the lip. If your stance is lowered, I'd look for the shortest tire that will comfortably fit on a wheel that wide. On the rear you will be tight, with possible interference at the fender lip. If you really like the wheels, I'd recommend finding some cheap used tires on Craigslist as mockups before you drop serious money for new rubber.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts