El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok somy graduation is a month away well with all my graduation money im not sure what i want if i get $2500 im getting a 1990 iroc z (been wanting it for a while) but if i get like $1500 what should i get my motor is a 350 bored 30 over balanced and a stage 2 cam but should i get a procharger,make it a efi, or get a 383 stroker kit? i might do some stuff to the interior or body like sand it down and primer black but those are the last 2 options but what should i do?

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
ok somy graduation is a month away well with all my graduation money im not sure what i want if i get $2500 im getting a 1990 iroc z (been wanting it for a while) but if i get like $1500 what should i get my motor is a 350 bored 30 over balanced and a stage 2 cam but should i get a procharger,make it a efi, or get a 383 stroker kit? i might do some stuff to the interior or body like sand it down and primer black but those are the last 2 options but what should i do?

Shoot for $5000.00 and do it all.:nanawrench::nanawrench:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoot for $5000.00 and do it all.:nanawrench::nanawrench:
i can only hope :nanawrench: but it would cost like $$7500 cause if i get over $2500 im gettin the iroc haha

·
Registered
742 Posts
Buy Ford stock with the money and forget you own it till you retire ...

(Not a Ford fan but by far the best managed US auto maker)

Then get a job and borrow (or save up) for investment in your ride..

My two cents...
But what do I know ????

Arnie

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
i can only hope :nanawrench: but it would cost like $$7500 cause if i get over $2500 im gettin the iroc haha

Are you the top of your class? That's worth another $2500.00. Wait are you in High School ?:poke: Good luck an education worth a lot more or use to be. G.E stock has been on the skids for years it has to turn around sooner or later. They go in and supply the electrical after we blow it up in other countries I know I've been a dist. for thirty years and we buy the surplus.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no deffinatley not top haha my sister got $1000 for graduation i know more people so thats why i think ill get around $1500 but thats just a guess and yea im graduating the 25th of may one of my friends said he got $4000 for graduating and my other friend said he got close to $2000

·
Master Wrench
1,592 Posts
for $1500 i dont think you can supercharge it.... you could get a 383 stroker kit but you will have to disassemble everything and get the block clearanced for the bigger crank, so that might be cutting it close if your just going to throw in a bigger crank and thats it. i think efi would be cool but then that iroc would be awesome i want one too hahah for my graduation i got over 2k but i bought another car, my 1990 4runner and i still have it... ive put a lot of money in it and about 30k miles in 3 years, i love the thing to death

if you can get the iroc do it... if not save the money until you get enough for one

·
0 Posts
I say work on the engine you have with either the 1500 or 2500. Whats the use of having 2 projects? You'll be right back at square 1 with 2 cars to work on instead of 1 car to pamper.
Your second option is to invest. Personally I'd invest in Apple stocks.

·
Master Wrench
1,592 Posts
well not saying he cant... but i wouldnt buy any apple stock right now... its almost at $600 a share and back in december it was less than $400 a share.... plus with about $1500 he would only be able to buy 3 shares MAYBE.... go for the iroc lol nothing better than waking up in the morning and asking yourself "what should i drive today"

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Face book is going IPO soon but you won't be able to touch it only the big boys. I sure wish they had computers like today when I was a kid.:secret: If I were you save it till you get enough to do what you want all at once. Nothing like all the hidden cost like tax, oil, filters, ect. ect. ect.:let_it_all_out:

·
0 Posts
All I can say is pick the right Iroc(t-tops) if you can find one. They're a collectors item.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a procharger is $1900 but the iroc im looking at is a 1990 iroc black ttop 5spd 5.0 ho :smileyb:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and the el camino isnt really a project i was just thinking about adding somthing give me a lil more power and its bored 30 over as it is so i dont think it would be to hard to mak it a 383 stroker the crank,pistons and rods i belive thats what the kit includes is $1000

·
Registered
174 Posts
You have some nice people that you are surrounded by. I wish I got $300 much less 1500.

Do you plan to go to college? If the elky is running save the money because beer isn't cheap.

and two projects is not fun.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if i go to college its gonna be online and thats if the guy still has the iroc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts