El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the el camino gurus. My fuel pump has breathed its last breath and I need to replace it. My question is do I upgrade to a performance fuel pump or just stick with the stock replacement?? What else should I replace / upgrade?

I have the 350 with a holley 500 cfm 2 barrel (4412-2) sitting on an edelbrock performer series intake manifold. I do plan on upgrading the heads at some point but this car is a daily driver so I don't wont to too carried away. :biggrin2:

Thanks for any advise and help, hope I gave enough info.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Replace it with another stock one. Might be all you need even with some mods to the engine. Besides the stock ones are pretty cheap so not much to lose.

Doug

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thats what i'd do also --even if later you want to upgrade to a 4 barrell 600cfm the stock pump will provide enough fuel then also--:beer::beer: Glenn

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Ditto
Takes a LOT of motor to start starving for fuel and a 350 2bbl isn't it. Like said, there cheap enough that IF you ever upgrade to more head, intake, freshen the lower end or whatever, you will be replacing the fuel pump anyways. No sense wasting $'s in this economy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! I dont want to waste money where I don't need to and it sounds like I will be just fine saving a few benjamins here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts