El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here, when I get some time over the next week I'm going to build my profile.

I have this piece from my steering column (I took down to tighten my loose steering column) and I can't remember where it goes. It's pretty much the only thing (so far) from my completing this job. Please help!

:dontknow:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
"I didn't leave that out, it was an extra part that wasn't needed!" :dontknow: Tim "the tool man" Taylor

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"I didn't leave that out, it was an extra part that wasn't needed!" :dontknow: Tim "the tool man" Taylor
Lol, that's my thinking right now. I continued re-assembling without issue and will finish tomorrow. I'm going to replace a few things in there in the future so would still like to know where it came from. I think it slid in behind the tilt or turn signal levers maybe to prohibit dirt from coming into the steering shaft?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Doesn't look familiar to me, and I've had many apart....

·
Registered
378 Posts
NooB,
14 is the switch clip that clips on the key warning switch and slides in the housing and contacts the lock cylinder ...

The picture of the part you have is from a "Tilt Column" it is the tilt lever opening shield...

·
Registered
378 Posts
That piece will have to be set in place before the Turn Signal Housing goes over the column...

Here is a Picture I just took of a Bearing Housing that I have in one of my parts boxes...

You can see it sitting cliped in the right place...

It is there to help stop someone from slipping a screw driver into the Sector and trying to start the car...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts