El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got one of those Great chances today.Got to take the El Camino for Laps around The Winchester Speedway High bank 1/2 mile. The Fastest 1/2 mile in the World. It Sure was Cool!!!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Cool they let you do that here at Irwindale Speedway but they closed it this year. It was 1/2 and inner 1/4 track. :nanawrench:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it was so cool!!!! Had to wait while a 14 year kid from ARCA got done with his practice Session. To get on the track. They only wanted us to get up to 40 mph did fudge it abit on backstrecth.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Congrats on getting the Elky on a track. I know how it feels.
When I saw Winchester Speedway, I thought you were talking about Winchester VA. They have a real fast dirt track.
But I bet you don't want to get that baby dirty. That's OK w/ me.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i also take mine to the track, here it is at LONESTAR MOTOR SPEEDWAY
FASTEST 1/2 MILE TRACK IN TEXAS!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another Thing i wanted to share from yesterday was. That afterwards we went to eat and after in the parking lot a Young Man was waiting on me. A Iraq Vet. To say how much he liked the El Camino. I told him it was build For Him. When i explained the meaning behind the Build you could see the Tears in his eyes.I Build this El Camino as a Tribute to our Serviemen and women Present and past and to 2 Specials Friends i miss everyday. I Couldn't have been more Proud.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Great story Bud. Can't do enough to recognize and thank the warriors that hear the shots fired in anger. Btw.. I really like the Western Bullets you have. Jf you have a lead on another set, let me know. I had some on a Mustang I owned and they burned when it did. Thanks..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Another Thing i wanted to share from yesterday was. That afterwards we went to eat and after in the parking lot a Young Man was waiting on me. A Iraq Vet. To say how much he liked the El Camino. I told him it was build For Him. When i explained the meaning behind the Build you could see the Tears in his eyes.I Build this El Camino as a Tribute to our Serviemen and women Present and past and to 2 Specials Friends i miss everyday. I Couldn't have been more Proud.

:You_Rock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts