El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This isnt parts but it will make someones life much easier. Hopefully the admins will not delete. Due to being 100% disabled with rheumitoid arthritis, I am unable to use my tools anymore and hope someone else can give them a good life. 35 year collection of tools Snap On roll box with side box and tool cart too much to list all. Snap On Craftsman proto S-K etc. 1/4 3/8 1/2 and 3/4. Metric and standard. Wrench sets multiple puller sets screwdrivers pliers air tools mics dial indicator brake tools hones, cooling system tools taps dies I've got it all. Prefer to sell as a whole set but will consider individual also. Have keys for all boxes. Bottom box alone sells new for over 5k and side box is over 2k. About 50k-60k new prices. $6000 or make offers. Local pick in Crossville, Tn. Even if you have to rent a trailer and drive 500 miles it's still a screaming deal. PM me for details.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PM me for details and more pics.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,450 Posts
Hey Sean, Bummer to hear about your disability
I'm in the same boat with a bad heart & lungs, I'm boxing up most all my parts & taking them to the Gville Get-Together to give away for a little donation to my meds fund, I can only work for a few minutes & my heart & lungs are going crazy !
Take car buddy

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya Steve. Getting old stinks. When it took me almost 3 weeks to replace the intake and carb on the 84 square body I figured enough was enough.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Sorry to hear that Sean! I wasn't aware of your condition and wish you the best to live with it. Someone will get a great boost from your goodwill.

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
Sean I am so sorry to hear that. I know you love it and that makes it suck even more.
Anything I can do let me know.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It goes against everything I have always said but I guess my next car will have to be "bought, not built"

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. Price reduction to$5500 obo

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Whoa. Sorry to hear that Sean! Getting old is NOT for the faint of heart. At 67 I consider myself lucky that I can still turn wrenches. And do my woodworking. Guy`s this is one HECK of a nice gesture on Sean's part! And someone is getting a superb set of tools!!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Note: will also trade for 2020 COPO Camaro

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies guys. I've been able to fake my way through work for a few years now but not anymore. I'm only 59. Yes I could use the money but also would like to see them go to someone who can really use them. We have a really good auto college here but they are on lock down. I'll throw a couple steaks on the grill for anyone who buys them.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
We have a really good auto college here but they are on lock down. I'll throw a couple steaks on the grill for anyone who buys them.
email the school, operations still usually run (all school districts in Austin are having 3 week Spring Breaks....).

grill? porterhouse:love:, filet(y), or chop steak ?(n)

actually, if you broke the tools into appropriate sets they might sell easier. I've got a bunch of handtools I'm perfectly satisfied with, it's the high-priced specific-use specialty tools I'll use intermittently as an amateur that I can't see dropping a bunch of money on. if you had those I'd buy them off you if it made sense financially, including shipping.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ribeye or t-bone

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Price drop. Now$4500

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Sean , sorry to hear about your medical problems & only 59 . I'm 75 & can't do much of anything anymore . I have to pay people to do the things I used to do myself , like yard work & painting , auto repairs etc. My brother is a retired truck mechanic & 81 years old .He still tinkers with his lawn equipment but less & less . He has 4 complete sets of every tool you can think of . probably over 100K if bought new . He will probably leave them to his son in law & grandson . They have a Marine Business in Key Largo . He offered me a set but I have my own & don't use them much . I will probably leave mine to my son who has been an auto tech for over 20 years He will also get the Elky unless I have to sell it before I go . Good Luck selling the tools & stay well & watch out for that C virus .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts