El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gentlemen, next year the NECOA will officially be 10 years old. In recognition of the probability that more than 9 of 10 newly formed associations die within the first few years of their existence, yet our Association has continued to thrive for the past 10 years, we at the Executive Committee have been thinking that this achievement deserves a "Top 10 Reasons Why the NECOA is a Thriving Association" Contest.

You may enter as many time as you wish, but please keep your entries short and to the point. While every submission is very important, please allow all members to have a chance, and don't submit 10 responses in a row. This can be a very interesting and rewarding contest - or it can be a flop. Please help us make it a success by keeping the thread running until the 1st day of March. At that time, I will list the submissions, and we'll vote for the top 10. Let's get it going...................Ken :dontknow:

Here are my submissions........... :dontknow: :texas: :dontknow:

1. El Caminos - SOMEBODY has to love them!
2. Best advice available anywhere!
3. You can console yourself here that someone else has made the very same mistake!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
1) All Elkies (no ferds allowed.)

2) DDD, 464Elky, TrannyMike, Keyser, Terry, Etc.......

3) Thats about all I can think of, the people and the cars.

·
Registered
302 Posts
#1 The members of this group participate. They post answers and ideas on a daily basis. More so than any other Forum i have seen

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
1. It's like one big dysfunctional family with El Caminos

2. No big attitudes

3. Save money, time, heartache, swearing, etc. by learning from others loss of money, time, heatache, and swearing

4. a membership that's willing to help others

5. it keeps Donny, Woody, Terry, and Keyser off the streets at night, making our communities safer

·
Past Texas Director
6,182 Posts
1.) The NECOA we're a big family who all happen to drive El Caminos.
2.) The NECOA and ECC-Where nobody knows it all, and everyone knows something. Members helping members.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To borrow an old Marine recruiting slogan:

The few, the proud, the El Camino!

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,284 Posts
1. First off to my ECC friends :You_Rock::beer:...
2. Being disable, and can't do as much as I would like to on any autos, I'm just happy to be able to pass on in what I know to somebody else.

5. I've always wanted a El Camino since high skool,and when the 73's came out, I thought it was ugly back then, but not now..:beer: (still can't spell or count)
:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,651 Posts
Time in, effort in = necoa site and meets

best place for boys to play with there toys

region 6

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
(1) Members don't think an El Camino is a money pit!!!!!

(2)Friendliest people in the world.
(3)willing lend a helping hand when available.
(4)knowledgeable certified tech.'s on site

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Cuz I can't afford the 2014 'Vette! :smileyb:
1, Some of the funniest people I know. I laugh everytime I log on here.

2. Wanted an El Camino for as long as I could remember. My dad bought a 1974 Corvette Stingray when I was 4 years old, got my first speeding ticket in it when I was 16. Before he died last May he wrote a letter to us kids telling us to remember to have fun and do something we like.

3. Being a single dad of 2 teen girls, dating is not an option right now. I spend my evenings on the driveway with Emily using the tools and knowledge you all have given me to restore her to her former beauty.

4. Meeting others and getting involved at events is AWESOME. I will never forget the Toys for Tots drive!

5. Gilby

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
#10. Because you get ideas and see things for your elkie that you'd never see anywhere else (like pinkomeano)

#9. Because here, whatever parts you have left over after your elkie build, someone will want them.

#8. Because each of us knows someone on here very much like themselves, or maybe several someones. (even me)

#7. Because some days, what you really need at the end of the day is to talk with people that share your interests, or maybe just a good laugh.

#6. Because the ex-burger flipper behind the parts counter doesn't know about ANY older vehicles, and can't help you unless you know (altogether now!) THE YEAR,MAKE, AND MODEL, and prolly not even then for most of us!

#5. Because having, working on, and modifying elkies is FUN, and this is a fun place to be.

#4. Because some of the people on here just crack me up!

#3. Because as a group, the members here are some of the very best people I have ever known.

#2. Because I can pass on some of my skills, knowledge, and ways to look at things before it becomes a mostly lost art, like swordmaking.

#1. Because there are so many of you that have yet to develop a love for the color ORANGE!

·
Registered
512 Posts
1. Elcamino's, a car with a bed, what a concept!
2. Elcamino's, because everybody has a Chevelle.
3. Elcamino's, there not just for Mexicans anymore..

1 - 20 of 122 Posts