El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I regret to say this but unfortunately the tornado we had here irn the DFW area two weeks ago hurt me and did some damage to my Camino. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital and after 4 broken ribs a bruised liver, having my spleen removed and 2 surgeries later I'm very thankful to be alive. Broken but alive. I was not in the camino luckily but the same tornado did do some damage to her too. it seems whatever was thrown at her started from the back side took out the chrome trim that is around the door, shattered the passenger window broke the plastic trim a frame inside took out the chrome trim back outside on the front hit the trim around the windshield and finally scratched and dented the hood before flying away as well as some sheet metal slicing my tire.

I'm fortunate to have a good friend that fixed the window and tire for me already. I also have a friend that will do some paint work so she doesn't rust in those spots to much.

I won't be able to upgrade or fix the broken trim due to the paying of a hospital bill so I will be pretty dormant from the site for awhile. I won't be able to make it to Belton this year either because as soon as I can get back to work I won't be asking for time off for awhile.

Count your blessings, I'm glad the old girl didn't get destroyed and I will be still be able to drive her. I'm more grateful that I'm still around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad to hear you're still around to talk about it, That's the most important thing.Cars can be fixed, people are the most important thing. Sorry to hear about your girl, sounds like she's getting some good attention, though.

It takes a lot more than some wind and rain to knock us TEXAN's down :texas:

Take care and Heal up

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have seen a complete 85 4-speed Elky in a local salvage yard. I will see if I can scavenge some parts for you. Glad you made it through though.
suks2bu37:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Were you in Irving when you got hit? Man I thought we had all made it through unskaved, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you recover quickly.
I'm glad you alive to send read this message.
Donny

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
What a Shame!

I'm sorry to hear that you were badly injured in the recent storms, Joey. However, I do thank God that you were spared to continue what He has planned for you. I hope that means a full recovery and making it to Belton for the 3rd edition of the Show and Shootout. We'll be thinking about you and praying for a full and speedy recovery. All the best to you..........................Ken :texas:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Hey Joey, so sorry to hear of your injuries, but am glad you're on the road to recovery.
Let me know what trim pieces you need for you Elky. I have some that you're more than welcome to have if you want it. Glad you're still with us!
PM sent.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Wishing you as speedy a recovery as possible . That must have been one hell of an experience , one which I`m sure you could live without . I hope all goes well with you and your family .

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Donny, I was in Arlington north of the ballpark. If you listened to the news I was the 1 critically injured person that was transferred to JPS in ft worth. I'm glad the news didn't know who I was. I will be glad never to experience it again. Once is enough. Ken, god did spare me and I've come to realize how lucky I really was just by not getting picked up. Terry, I'll let you know ASAP I'll need instructions on those pieces too. She is sitting inside my work warehouse safe waiting for me to drive her home.

Thank you all for the prayers and best wishes, pray I don't go crazy with sitting around and not being able to do what I used to. :texas:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
WOW! Glad you're going to be OK! Wish I had some extra parts to help you get back on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
As bad as it sounds, it's like you said, you're still alive and able to do some more kicking around. Heal fast, go back to work, and get dat money to fix up yo babe!!!!:You_Rock:

·
Registered
413 Posts
So sorry to hear this, but glad you are ok, friends will be there to help, I only wish I had any spare parts you could use. Get well soon, your car will be there and better than ever, in time!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No pics of the damage yet, ill try to get some. Thank you every for your support.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Glad your o.k. what parts do you need if I have them there yours shipped no charge. I'm taking mine in for paint next week and you can give me a reason to buy something to replace on mine that you need.:texas::texas:
Robert

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Glad your o.k. what parts do you need if I have them there yours shipped no charge. I'm taking mine in for paint next week and you can give me a reason to buy something to replace on mine that you need.:texas::texas:
Robert
Robert...:You_Rock: Way to go!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Robert...:You_Rock: Way to go!
I know if I needed help the ECC members would help if they could.:texas: I hate to use this as a excuse to fix up mine but I'm willing to help anybody when I can LADIES FIRST!!!!!!! Steel Beast looked hot down in texas so when I did my air cond. swap under the hood I sent all the parts to texas no charge to cool him down.

·
0 Posts
I know if I needed help the ECC members would help if they could.:texas: I hate to use this as a excuse to fix up mine but I'm willing to help anybody when I can LADIES FIRST!!!!!!! Steel Beast looked hot down in texas so when I did my air cond. swap under the hood I sent all the parts to texas no charge to cool him down.
Sure did! I haven't installed it yet but that's next on my list after Belton.:texas::You_Rock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts