El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Now for a new problem, over the weekend I installed a shift kit in my tranny, it was the B&M Transpak, I was trying to eliminate the large RPM loss on shifts, if I held it to 5000rpms, when it shifted it would drop 2000rpm's, the problem with that was it was like it was dragging on the clutches before engaging. Well, now the tranny in OD holds all gears to at least 3000 before shifting and second gear holds to almost 4000! If I manually go thru the gears its better but still holds the gears to long. Also, when decelerating it automaticlly downshifts into second wether I want it to or not. Would the torque convertor be causing these problems or is it the tranny that's the problem? Please help!

August

·
1,867 Posts
You did not say what trans you have but I assume you have a 200 or 700. Make sure the tv cable is properly adjusted & the fluid level is correct.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tommy,
Sorry it's a 200-4r, the fluid level is correct amd the TV cable is adjusted properly. That's why I'm kinda stumped on this problem. I have started to notice a slip when it changes gears under hard acceleration especilly 1-2 shifts and in the 2-3 shifts though not as much.

August

·
1,867 Posts
Sorry to say but it sounds like its time for a complete rebuild.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tommy,
You don't know how right you are! I bit the bullit yesterday and took it in to a tranny shop, needless to say it starts at the torque converter and goes downhill form there, band shot, metal shavings everyware,steel plates burned and warped, etc... :-( Supposed to get it back today, we'll see if I was losing any power thru that mess.

August

1 - 5 of 5 Posts