El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The 86 only intake will bolt on. The 87 up intakes will need the 4 center bolt holes elongated to match the bolt holes in the head. Keep in mind the TPI set up was not built to make high RPM horse power. If you plan on spinning that motor up you might consider the Holley Stealth Ram intake.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The TPI intake will work better on a 327 than it does on a 350. Should be able to spin it to 5500 vs the 5100-5200 on a 350, (or the 4500 my 383 allowed).

I have TB to base from an 85 that will work on those heads and they are very easy to port for some more rpm/flow

·
Supporting Member
4,477 Posts
The 85 TPI setup has a weird ECM, so I would avoid that if possible ( although you could use the intake if you found that). '87 and later intakes can be used, but you will have to do a little work on the angle of the two center bolt holes on each side.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This motor will be a stroker. .386 I believe. So I need to find an 86 TPI setup or earlier? That correct???

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
The 85 TPI setup has a weird ECM, so I would avoid that if possible ( although you could use the intake if you found that). '87 and later intakes can be used, but you will have to do a little work on the angle of the two center bolt holes on each side.
This guy speaks the truth. Stay away from the 870 ecm and get a 165. Then couple it with an ostrich box to tune and not need to burn chips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts