El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 years ago I installed a 90 TPI system in my 72 elky. Used original radiator. At that time I walked into my local NAPA and told Willie ( the PARTS GUY) I needed a hose shaped like this bent coat hanger. Needed one with a 1/3/4inch end and a 1 1/2 inch end. Willie went in the back and a few minutes later, I was golden. Now 20 years later I need another hose, at one time I had the sticky tag from the hose stuck on the back of my tool box. It is long gone. And Willie has moved on to teaching HS Automechanics. Standard upper TPI Camaro hose is too short.

What UPPER hose are you using for TPI conversions. Thank you.

·
Supporting Member
4,440 Posts
May not help, but IIRC I used an 89 Firebird hose. Hard to believe it would be a lot different from the Camaro....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used one of those stainless steel flexible hoses. The black one. It came with multiple reducers. It has been in service now for about 20 years.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx guys. I'm gonna remove the hose again ( installed to go to car show the past weekend) and walk all of the parts stores. Someone should have something to work. And then there is the flexible stainless hose. I'll find something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts