I'm trying to find the best kind of traction bar's to use on a 83 elky'
Does any one out there have any experience/or know what's out there for
this year of elky?
thank's for any info

mrchevelle :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look at the suspension kit on Laurel Engineering web site. Includes shocks, new sway bars, etc. Can purchase as a kit or as separate pieces. Good luck. 83conquista

·
164 Posts
You may want to look into South Side Machine (SSM) lift bars, these lower the attaching point for the lower conrol arms and the SSM lift bars actually become your lower control arms. This takes the point (imaginary) where the links would meet and moves it towards the center of the car. This is all talked about on their website - http://www.southsidemachine.com/

Summit Racing sells them for about $160, I believe you would need part number SSM-1313.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Stay away from the SSM product unless you don't mind a little noise. I tried them and couldn't notice any difference except the noise. Replaced them with the Hotchkiss bars. Quick install and work great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You can get adjustable upper control arms and change the pinion angle a bit- that will do the same thing as no-hop bars & SSM bars- but none of the bad effects (SSM noise, No-hop bars denting bottom of bed floor & rough ride)

All the big suspension MFGs make these- Hotchkis, Global West, Edelbrock, BMR Fabrications, probably lots more.

Most people just recommend simply getting all new bushings for your stock rear control arms- makes a big difference over the old worn ones- helps handling around corners too!

Don't go with poly bushings in the rear though- they make it bind up and ride crappy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts