El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to find a Super T10 tranny for my 79elky and i was hoping maybe somebody would have one laying around somewhere or know of someone who does have one. Working or not that would be excellent just as long as i could get one.. but thats the least of my problems. I need a clutch kit? is that wat is called? whatever it is to make the clutch mount onto my el camino...a friend told me that the only one that would fit on it would be one from a 78 grabd am...but they only buitl 231 of them...but if i knew where to find one out of an elcamino junkyard around yall...then i could maybe by it through u and im willing to pay for shipping..thanks, Matt

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I have been searching for parts to convert my 84 to a BW Super T-10 (3.42 1st gear) for the past 2 years now. If you plan on going with the stock clutch linkage setup, you will need to find the bellhousing out of a G-body also. GM used a bellhousing that has the clutch fork pivot ball located about 1 1/2" lower than any other GM bellhousing...these bellhousings are rare. There are 3 different parts numbers and I still think I have them somewhere if you need them. 2(part numbers) were made to be used with a 10.5" clutch and a 153 tooth flywheel. I have one that can be used with an 11" clutch and a 168 tooth flywheel...very rare! If you plan on going with the stock linkage setup I suggest you first find the correct bellhousing and then gather the linkage parts. The parts for the linkage will run you over $200 new and are available from the above posted source and also OPGI. Here's also an alternative. If you want to use a Lakewood Bellhousing, (scattershield) you can use an F-body bellhousing from Lakewood but you will have to convert to hydraulic linkage from an F-body (plenty at boneyards if you look). Lakewood doesn't make one for a G-body. Their F-body bellhousing can be used with the stock pedal setup from a G-body. Let me know if I can be of any more help to you and oh yeah, you do not need the entire pedal assembly, the same bracket that bolts to the firewall works for both auto or manual trans, you just need to change the pedals themselves. Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forget it...i cant afford to do all that...i cant even find a t10 so im just going to stick with my th350 and c how it does for a couple years and then if i have the time and money ill get a new t10...but thanks anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts