El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to Install Hayden Ultra-Cool transmission cooler in series without Cutting steel transmission lines?????

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suggest that you read the installation instructions that came with the transmission cooler from the manufacturer, then come back with any specific questions if problems arise.

Which transmisson line to connect to transmissoin cooler???

How to connect transmission line to Transmission cooler with out cuting steel line ????

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
Suggest that you read the installation instructions that came with the transmission cooler from the manufacturer, then come back with any specific questions if problems arise.
X2 !!! Read the instructions !!

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
So you want to use the cooler that's already in the radiator and then come off one of those lines into the auxiliary cooler then out out of the auxiliary cooler and back onto the other trans line?

Here's what you can do. Find which line is feeding the radiator cooler and leave that one connected to the radiator. Buy a short piece of line with the same flare fitting and connect that to the out line off the radiator. Connect a rubber hose from the new cooler to this line. Then get another piece of tubing with the same same flare fitting and a coupler. Connect the other rubber hose off the auxiliary cooler to the bare end of that tube and then join the end to the original line using the coupler. No lines cut and you can always go back to just the radiator trans cooler if you decide.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
BTW guys the new one probably won't tell you how to use both. It will say to cut the flared ends off each line and connect rubber hoses to each and the new cooler.
So reading the directions most likely doesn't answer his question.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW guys the new one probably won't tell you how to use both. It will say to cut the flared ends off each line and connect rubber hoses to each and the new cooler.
So reading the directions most likely doesn't answer his question.
Exactly What the instruction states and Thanks A million!

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ Makes sense Can someone Post pictures of radiator and all lines and connections !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Here is what I did when I installed my police interceptor transmission cooler, I cut the flares off the steel hoses, slightly flared to help keep the hoses from sliding off, the went directly to the cooler, no radiator cooler for me....working great and keeps my fluid cooler....:beer:

·
Registered
532 Posts
One thing though, always use the in rad cooler in addition to the addon cooler, the water to fluid makes for much more efficient cooling than air to fluid cooling, the addon is just icing on the cake to keep the tranny so much cooler. it don't really matter if the rad cooler is before the air cooler or after, but you want to use both. GL

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
I was told to let the radiator cool it first then the tranny cooler then back to the tranny !:dontknow:

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New tran lines install needn tips

New Inline Tube Transmission Lines could not get Lines to tighten in transmission 700r4 and could not install thew with out bending can i use a hand bender???

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Transmission Iines Sold Or An' hose

Steel Or An' -06 Hose Transmission lines Need some that are easy to install ???????????????

Ps: Tryed pre bend they suck!!!

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
the only way i found to install prebent trans cooler lines was when the motor was out of the car
it can be done however,, just take your time:beer:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts